Terence Bud Crawford leaves Top Rank

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Nov 21, 2021.

1. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    So you didn't see the list of fights Arum did with Haymon. And more specifically, Khan and Porter against Crawford.

2. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Crawford just fought Taylor's sloppy seconds, a fighter Josh bashed up in the gym when he was a 7-0 novice and Ugas is also Josh's sloppy seconds because Josh bashed him up in the gym too, dropping him and sending him to the hospital with a damaged jaw.

Taylor is ranked #5 P4P

Spence #6

Taylor vs Crawford in the UK would be huge

As OG Bob says they could sell out a 70,000 seater stadium

I like Crawford and rate him highly and I'd rather see Crawford vs Taylor than Crawford vs Spence and I have little faith that the later will ever get made because both have been ducking each other for years hiding behind flimsy excuses, whereas Crawfords vs Taylor 100% can happen next summer and OG Bob was going to make it happen.

Jackman65 likes this.
  3. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    You realize Taylor is in another division? He hasn't beaten anyone at welter yet. You going on about some bs sparring session 5 years ago supposed to make me believe Crawford is running from this guy? Sparring is sparring. How long was Porter training before they sparred. Was Porter trying to work on something? Was Porter tired already when the sparring began? Can you answer any of these questions? No? Then your cute story about a sparring session that happened a half decade ago mean squat.

drenlou, Manfred and Goose like this.
  4. Goose

Goose Russian oligarch Full Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Can you imagine the criticism he would have gotten if he resigned with Arum. Basically it would have meant he is avoiding rest of WW division to fight an upcoming light ww.
    Josh Taylor is good but he would get the **** beat out of him by Crawford.

If they can make Crawford Spence they will charge $100 for it and people will pay. It's the fight to make right now.

5. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    You are biased. But in this instance your bias doesn't really matter because it's as close to 50/50 as you can get. Doubt there'd be a favourite at the bookies for this one.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  6. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    'Spence views himself as the A-side for a match against Crawford, 33, and he’s letting the Nebraska native know that the percentage split won’t be 50-50.

What hurts Crawford’s chances of getting a 50-50 deal are Spence’s recent successful pay-per-view fights against Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter, and Mikey Garcia.

Spence hit out of the park with his last fight against Danny Garcia on Fox Sports pay-per-view on December 5th, bringing in a lot of PPV buys.

But like I said, I’m the big dog and he got to take a backseat and take a 60-40 or 70-30 or whatever we give him,” said Spence in letting Crawford know he’s got to take the short end of the stick.

So there it is from Spence. Crawford must take a 60-40 or 70-30 split for him to get the fight. If not, then oh well.'

Crawford is never going to agree to that BS in a million years.

'Terence Crawford says he's no longer interested in a fight with Errol Spence Jr

Purse demands from Crawford, however, have so far delayed the mouth-watering 147lb showdown.

And the Nebraska native appears to have now moved on entirely from the fight.

Bud told DAZN's Chris Mannix “I’m not even worried about Errol Spence anymore.

“I already told everybody that fight is history for me. I’m not thinking or worried about Errol Spence anymore.

“That fight is behind me.”

Switch-hitter Crawford doubled down on that stance in a separate interview with Fight Hub TV.

When asked if he believes the fight will one day come to fruition, he said: “Nah, never.

"That fight never gonna happen. It’s over with.”

Spence Jr, however, is confident a clash with the WBO welterweight titleholder 'is going to happen'.

And the New Yorker recently reiterated his belief he's the a-side in the fight.

In a self-recorded video, he said: “70/30 now beep it. Y’all gonna make me do 80/20.

"One thing I’m a tell y’all is my kids do not eat off no God damn belts.”

The Taylor fight could've happened next (after Catterall) no problems whatsoever

And, as said, Taylor already bashed up Porter (''punched his head in'') and Ugas in the gym when he was a 7-0 novice and 140 pounder, Crawford just went life and death against a past prime Porter who has a ton of miles on the clock and Taylor is obviously a lot more experienced now and has really filled out into the weight of late and is going to be a good sized, powerful and stronger 147 pounder.

7. deyell

deyell MOLECULE FROM HELL. Full Member

Aug 10, 2015
    I am pretty sure Arum will deeply miss the 50k PPV buys drawing power of Terence Crawford.

Serge likes this.
  8. Goose

Mar 2, 2005
    These gym sparing rumors mean nothing.

When two promoters have to make a major fight like this they will squabble over share of ppv and % splits endlessly. If they both with PBC I'm sure they will be able to make it happen on agreeable terms.

9. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Yes let's just ignore the fact that Taylor battered career 147 pounder 26-1-1 Porter in his own gym when he was a 7-0 novice and a 140 pounder and dropped Ugas and sent him to the hospital like it's completely meaningless. Taylor shouldn't have even been competitive with them at that stage of his career and had fought janitors but he gave them both a hiding :facepalm:

10. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Firstly they're not mere rumours

Even Porter admits that both he and his father were very impressed with him

Well they've only had years to make the fight, Arum has worked with Haymon many times before and if they both really wanted it it could've been made already

11. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Why do you refer to Texan Erroll Spence Jr as a New Yorker?My boy EJ is a country boy. The 30-40% us will get from the purses split with Spence will be more than he has ever earned. Those who haveJosh Taylor’s best interest at heart should not put him in with Crawford as not only will he lose he will get hurt.

12. bigtime-skills

bigtime-skills Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2007
    With ALL due respect Joker, tell me which of those fights are REAL equivalents:
    • Lomachenko Vs. Russell Jr. (Haymon) - Purse Bid, early on in their careers
    • Gvozdyk Vs. Beterbiev (Haymon) - really??
    • Gvozdyk Vs. Stevenson (Haymon) - really??
    • Fury Vs. Wilder II (Haymon)
    • Fury Vs. Wilder III (Haymon)
    • Algieri Vs. Spence (Haymon) - really??
    • Crawford Vs. Khan (Haymon) - really??
    These fighters are not fighters who have the potential to OUTGROW Arum's charade other than Fury, who is in a league of his own:
    You don't find it interesting that:
    - Floyd LEFT Arum for allegedly $8 million fight with Margarito and negotiated a fight with Delahoya. We KNOW the rest.
    - Cotto LEFT Arum and negotiated a fight with Floyd
    - Manny LEFT Arum and negotiated a fight with Floyd AND made fights with PBC fighters like Thurman and Broner, AND Errol Spence
    Crawford will LEAVE Arum and watch how MAGICALLY this fight gets made with Errol Spence in the next couple of months,

Arum is good for most fighters UNTIL certain fighters reach a point where they realize they want to CONTROL their careers and I don't personally think Arum is good for that.
    I'm not the biggest PBC advocate, but I will say their fighters are pretty much in control of their careers and don't have a PROMOTER speak for them.

Personally, I just want to see the fights, and the BIG ones seem to happen more on PBC.
    example, Canelo a couple weeks ago, PBC/Canelo promotion.

13. Goose

Mar 2, 2005
    Sparing is not fighting.
    It's different, and it means very little when it comes to actual fights.

Also mega fights are not the same as normal fights in terms of negotiations, when there is $200M involved vs $10M if we start talking about % splits it's much more significant. It's THE fight to make and everyone rides off into the sunset after that.
    Not saying it's right or wrong, it's just what it is.
    Josh Taylor fight is nowhere near as big...not even close.

14. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    What are you talking about? Oh **** I forgot about Taylor sparring Porter a half decade ago. Means nothing! Taylor isn't a welterweight and has at least one more fight at 140. Your theory of Crawford ducking is baseless. Until Taylor moves to 147, gets some wins there, then we can discuss him fighting Crawford. In fact, if Taylor is so great, why didn't he move up sooner to face TC? Did he wait until TC got old? That's what he did. According to you, he was able to hang with a top welter with only 7 pro fights under his belt 5 years ago. He waited until TC got old. LOL

15. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    I didn't

Have you seen Taylor at 147 yet?

Taylor has fought more legit punchers in 18 fights than Crawford has in 38

Taylor has never been dropped

Crawford was dropped by the only puncher his size he's fought in Egis

Taylor would euthanize Egis

Crawford was BADLY hurt by a single right hand from leprechaun Gamboa who is a natural 126-130 at best. Gamboa has stopped 2 of his 12 opponents up at 135 and one of them was shot and had fought once in three years. It took 60 seconds for Crawford's head to clear. Imagine what that right hand would've done to him if Gamboa weighed the same or was 7lbs heavier as opposed to 7lbs lighter

That's never happened to Taylor against huge bangers his own size

You pick Twink to beat him too

Taylor would beat the soul out of that oompa loompa's body :lol:

Wizbit1013 likes this.