Terence Crawford Had The EASIEST PATH EVER To Becoming Undisputed Champion...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Thomas Dulorme
    Viktor Postol (win over a Matthysse who didn't want to go blind)
    Julius Indongo (Troyonosvky, Burns = LOL)

Easiest path EVER from a weak ass division.

Zero killers.

Zero ATGs.

Zero P4Pers.

No hate. Real talk!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. junkhead

junkhead My dogs watch me post Full Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Can't say they were the hardest belts to pick up, but he looked pretty unstoppable getting them

Jamzy ⭐, Holler, Badbot and 11 others like this.
  3. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    I think he'll struggle at 147 personally

Odins beard and Staminakills like this.
  4. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I don't know man. Postol was getting mad love and respect on this forum until his fight with Crawford was mid way through. That fight legitimately crowned a lineal champ, right? Hard to hate on that. People weren't calling Matthysse very faded before that fight with Postol, he was still a forum darling on here and Postol mopped him up. Troyonovsky was getting hyped for being 25-0 w/ 22 KO's, a "crusher" by some out there and most people had some level of respect for him... From that list you posted both Crawford and Indongo took the best possible fights at the times they took them, really. It is a very poor division, as was 135 for Crawford's time there. But it is what it is. There have been plenty of "easy" opportunities for various fighters to unify 2, 3, or all 4 of the belts and it never happened. I hate the alphabet titles more than most but they are always on a fighter who is at worst fringe top 10, so at worst they are not terrible fights. There is no reason to complain for undisputed unification happening here.

ellerbe, Braindamage, NoNeck and 4 others like this.
  5. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    That's what happens when you face a division littered with guys like Dulorme (LOL), Burns (LOL), Postol (who admittedly looked the part if you forgot that Matthysse had been in brutal wars with Danny, Molina, and Provodnikov), and Indongo.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  6. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    Viktor Postol was awarded far more credit than he deserved because Matthysse had never been stopped.

But coming in, Matthysse had been in savage wars with Garcia, Molina, and Provodnikov.

No hate on Crawford, but he was fortunate to have an easy path.

oldcanvasback and The Akbar One like this.
  7. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    I love Crawford, he's a special fighter but you are correct. It's been a pretty easy road but he will prove himself at Welterweight.

You forgot to mention Felix Diaz. Crawford has beaten a string of good fighters, let's see him take out some elites.

8. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    What you are saying is true relative to certain hype and praise on Crawford.

But what he has done warrants very high praise and is among the best resumes in the sport at the moment.

9. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    You just have to have killers/ATGs/P4Pers on your ledger. JMM, though juiced, has Pacquiao. Pacquiao has JMM, Cotto, and Bradley. Bradley has Pacquiao (robbery), but an amazing win over a rampaging, juiced JMM.

10. Bax183

Bax183 Member Full Member

May 21, 2017
    Crawford gets my respect for what he has achieved. Fair enough, it might not of been the toughest route, but you can only beat what's in front of you and Crawford has done that with ease.

DomMufasa and Gannicus like this.
  11. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Easy path but now he is in position for some great fights. Garcia. And 147- Spence, Thurman, Horn etc

Gannicus likes this.
  12. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    Which is why I said no hate, real talk.

13. Bax183

Bax183 Member Full Member

May 21, 2017
    I know, I'm not having a go, I agree with what you're saying.

14. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Well, the last guy to unify all the titles at 140 was Tszyu who only had to beat Zab Judah, Sharmba Mitchell, and an ancient JCC. Makes you wonder why nobody else is doing it.

pincai likes this.
  15. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    Zab was levels above the crop that Bud went though. Zab was an amazing talent that was never able to make it all come together (attitude, dedication, heart). Plus Zab fought killers and boxed Floyd's ears off until he mentally quit.

dangerousity and Badbot like this.