Terence Crawford versus Josh Taylor at 147

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Robbi, Sep 28, 2020.

Who wins Crawford versus Taylor at 147?

1. Crawford via decision

30 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Taylor via decision

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. Crawford via stoppage

18 vote(s)
    27.7%
  4. Taylor via stoppage

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dougemerypm

dougemerypm Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Crawford has a huge reach advantage over most welterweights and he knows how to use it to keep his opponents at arm's length. Reach matters more than "size"

2. mccaughey85

mccaughey85 Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Still doesn't change the fact that Taylor has achieved what Crawford has in half the fights.
    Personally I think Crawford out points Taylor. Taylor is exciting to watch but he's open to shots and Crawford is better defensively. As long as Crawford stayed disciplined and didn't get dragged into a slugging match then I think he out scores Taylor. It would be a brilliant fight and I reckon it could be a massive super fight that would be excellent for both fighters careers.

joe91 likes this.
  3. The Underdog

The Underdog Member banned Full Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Taylor is a 3 weight world champion?

4. dougemerypm

Apr 15, 2017
    Without OPPORTUNITIES you have a hard time "accomplishing" something. Taylor has had the opportunities from the start while Crawford had to spend 20 fights being "discovered" If you cannot see the false comparison then you really don't understand boxing

5. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Crawford would be favourite right now but highly unlikely to stop Taylor.

6. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Hopefully either Ennis or Ortiz become his mandatory. Then we can finally be rid of this pseudo pound for pound entrant. Who would have thought that Crawford would end up having a protected Euro Champ Style resume like Sturm, or Ottke. Wait, their resumes were actually better.

7. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
  8. mccaughey85

Jul 3, 2011
    No he isn't but he's achieved much more after 16 fights than Crawford had after 16 fights. To unify a division after 16 fights is incredible. My statement was comparing the fact that Taylor had unified a division after 16 fights whereas Crawford took nearly double the fights. Not suggesting that makes Taylor better but it seems ppl are underestimating Taylor in this theoritical match up. Taylor has relatively little experience compared to Crawford and will only get better in the next few years.

9. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    It lets you pick every option

10. mccaughey85

Jul 3, 2011
    And that still doesn't change the fact that Taylor has achieved far more in 16 fights. Could Crawford theoretically have achieved the same if he had the same opportunities as you say, who knows, maybe. What's amazing about Taylor is he is beating guys like postol and prograis in 16 fights. Taylor was still learning in his first 16 fights but hes beaten guys of this calibre. Taylors potential is frightening when you consider his achievements after such a short time. Most fighters are still fighting bums after 12 fights. Another couple of years and Taylor could be a much better fighter but for me Crawford edges it right now. It would be a great superfight and one that fans would love to see.

Serge likes this.
  11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Serge is indeed ''great''

And I'll take my ''facts'' over.. what's the kind way of putting this? Non-truths maybe? Yeah that sounds good to me.

I'll take my ''facts'' over non-truths any day of the week.

'Middendorf became involved with Crawford when Middendorf worked for TKO Boxing Promotions, the fledgling company that signed then-prospect Crawford in 2010. In June 2011, with TKO Boxing Promotions failing, the company negotiated with Top Rank to take over as Crawford's promoter.

Two weeks later, Top Rank and TKO signed a deal under which TKO would be paid the 8 percent fee based on Crawford's purses for any title defenses going forward. In July 2011, TKO assigned its rights to Middendorf Sports under a contract drafted by Top Rank.'

So Crawfy was like 9-0 or at worst 11-0 when he signed for TKO Boxing Promotions not ''20-0'' and 13-0 when Top Rank signed him.

But that's neither here nor there because I'm talking about what Taylor HAS achieved in just 17 fights not hypotheticals.

And Taylor didn't even take up the sport until he was 15 y/o and has only been boxing 14 years

Whereas, Crawford took up boxing aged 7 and has been boxing 26 years

Taylor equalled Crawford's best win in 36 fights in just his 13th fight and the later has been signed with Top Rank ie. one of biggest boxing promotional companies in the world for 23 of those 36 fights and what's more.. to quote myself

''Taylor had only fought one world class opponent before (a past prime Vazquez) going into the Postol fight

Had taken part in zero world title fights

Had never been past 9 rounds before

Was giving away 4'' in reach - and everyone who KSAB and Postol understands that his entire game revolves around his reach and being able to box at his preferred distance and it is something he is excellent at

And would've weighed about the same as Postol

Whereas, conversely, when Crawford fought Postol he was 28-0

Had fought 6 or 7 world class opponents

It was his 7th world title fight

Had been into the 10th or further 5 times including the full 12 twice

Had a slight reach advantage over the Ukrainian (Crawford has never once been at a reach disadvantage in any of his fights against world class competition)

And had a 5lb weight advantage over Postol

And on top of that he spent the entire fight on his bicycle stinking out the joint like he was in against a murderous puncher. Taylor didn't stink the joint out and his KD of Postol wasn't of the flash variety or a rabbit punch

In Crawford's 24th fight he was getting BADLY hurt by a solitary punch from a Cuban leprechaun he had 7lbs in weight on and a freakish 9'' reach advantage over in what was a grotesque size mismatch, said Cuban leprechaun has only stopped 2 of his 11 opponents at 135 (one of whom was shot to bits) and in his only other previous fight at that weight had laboured to a very competitive UD over Darleys Perez. That's the same Darleys Perez who a few fights later was KO'd in 5 by supposed ''bum'' Anthony Crolla who sports a fearsome KO 28% lol.

Even though Taylor has been facing actual world class opponents his own size and legit huge punchers since very early on into his career, not once have we ever seen him doing a chicken dance and put on non-hetero street and needing roughly 60 seconds for his head to clear afterwards like we did from Crawfy against a Cuban leprechaun half his size.

Prograis, Baranchyk, Davies and Khongsong (albeit the later didn't hang around long enough) are all massive punchers, all the same size or bigger than Taylor (weight) and the first three all landed plenty of huge shots of their own to test Taylor's mandibular fortitude and he took them like a boss.

And yes, Davies is a huge puncher and that has been confirmed by both Ricky Burns and Derry Matthews.

Taylor's been beating world class opponents and getting his chin put to the test by legit bangers his own size since very early into his career, not ones he holds significant weight and reach advantages over and his learning curve has been ridiculously steep .

And he's also bashed up much bigger elite welters like Porter (who Crawfy wants no part of) and Crawfy's daddy Ugas in the gym when he was just a mere 7-0 fight novice.

12. dougemerypm

Apr 15, 2017
    Serge you are full of s--t. Crawford did not get an opportunity to show what he had until 3/30/13 when he was a late substitute to fight Prescott. THAT WAS FIGHT 20. He did not get a World Championship fight until March of 2014 on his 23rd fight. Pretty hard to do something in "17 fights" when you don't get a World Championship fight until you had 23. You lose your credibility by you belittle Crawford defeating undefeated champions like Gamboa and Postol. Gamboa was down 5 times and Postol was down 2, no matter how you try to spin it. And both were undefeated when they fought Crawford. (Postol had not been down as a pro before.) Oh and by the way, Gamboa "hurt" Crawford so badly that Gamboa was down twice and the fight over within 2 minutes. Crawford has made weight at every weigh in ACCORDING TO THE RULES. And shame on him for having "reach advantage over every opponent...." Be a hater if you want to but you "analysis" is simply bulls--t

13. mccaughey85

Jul 3, 2011
    Doesn't change the fact that your wrong, Crawford doesn't stop Taylor. Taylor is only going to get better and going by his achievements so far he's more than a match for Crawford.

Robbi likes this.
  14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Pay close attention folks

Nothing more needs to be said and as for the rest of your post it's just clutching at straws lol

15. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Crawford right now beats Taylor, he has too many tools right now but I happen to think Taylor gives him his toughest test to date and loses on points.

Great future fight.