Terrence Crawford would stop Errol Spence after the Porter fight that confirmed it for me

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Bud is miles ahead of Spence technically he would time Spence all day and he hits harder then porter

Spence is running from crawford

POTUS, pacas, Almish and 1 other person like this.
  2. red_roo

red_roo Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Crawford looks special , looking at his style how he does it looks like art . hard to catch him or close the gap brain eyes feet hands timeing an his body fine tuned as one fights with his brain's his thoughts a second before his opponents think's . Fights the bigger man . All this makes him dangerous .

POTUS and Tyson Fury Goat like this.
  3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    youre probably right now. spence didnt look all that, and i had him to beat crawford beforehand. crawford is just smarter more dimensions.

lewis gassed, pacas and red_roo like this.
  4. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Here we go with the non sense. All of Porter fights are close against the top guys. I don't like his style, but his style is awkward and tough for any fighter at WW. His style would be tough for Crawford as well. U can compare Mayweather vs Maidana fight to that fight. Mayweather is miles better than Maidana, but his style makes it a tough fight. If Spence rematch Porter, it won't be as close. Spence will make the adjustments and box Porter more and stay off the ropes. Same as Mayweather did with the second fight with Maidana. Crawford still hasn't fought a top WW. He's not battle tested at all at WW. Porter style would give Crawford hell.

Ironmanmt, RacingBeat and northpaw like this.
  5. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    No one has an easy win against porter. He looked the best he's ever looked and fought his heart out. The fact that Spence was able to weather that storm and grind out a win said alot about him to me

6. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    You have no idea about boxing and how a clash of styles can decide how a fight plays out.

I don't know how anybody can say "Crawford beats Spence based on the Porter fight".

Porter is a very strong inside fighter with a lot of dirty tactics there, an awkward style and pretty hard to deal with if you lack a really good jab+footwork OR a really good inside game. Spence neither has a really good jab+footwork nor a really good inside game.

Crawford vs. Spence would be a chess match 100%. It's a pick em' for me, no way Crawford stops Spence easily or wins easily. It's Bull****. YDKSAB. It will most likely play out as a close decision for either men. I can see a 7-5 like decision for Bud after Spence starting fast (Bud is a slow starter usually) and then Crawford taking over after 5-6 rounds.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  7. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Crawford in his penultimate fight KO's a guy who is basically a one-legged fighter in the 12th round and up until that point it was a pretty even fight. Let me ask you something. What do you think Spence would have done to Jose Benavidez, Jr.? Arguably, Crawford leaped to the spotlight when he fought Gamboa at age 32 and was considered shopworn from the amateurs, who buzzed Bud before Bud caught the career 126 pounder. Bud's best wins may be Beltran and Postol, both decision victories. Brook and Porter are probably better than anyone Bud has faced.

Ironmanmt and RacingBeat like this.
  8. MrFoFody

MrFoFody Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Porter and Crawford fight nothing alike. Crawford fights at a measured pace and wont be smothering and trying to muscle Spence as porter did.

JacK Rauber likes this.
  9. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I just said this Gamboa hasn’t done anything of note at 135 and people credit that as Buds best win.. At WW he played it safe against an only legged career 140 fighter in Benavides.. He has a ton to prove himself and I rigged fighter like Porter is the type to make any fighter dig deep to win.. I wanna see Spence vs Bud over any other fight though except Loma vs Tank/Mikey

10. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    This, I favour Crawford but the hate he's getting is ridiculous.

11. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    first Crawford needs to actually step in with a danny Garcia Thurman porter many. hes not fought one top guy since coming to WW... and the good fighters at 140 only showed up once he moved up. he may be the most overated pfp fighter at moment.

Ironmanmt likes this.
  12. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I don't think there's that much difference between the 2. Crawford has had rough patches himself against Benavidez. Crawford looks better because he's in there with lesser competition. Spence has fought better competition by far and he's more proven at the top level.

Porter would also give Crawford hell. Crawford likes to engage, but Porter would force the pace and he's at his best when he's in the trenches. Crawford has been caught by shots and Porter has the ability to rough up even the best fighters.

This is a case of 2 different levels of competition. One guy looks good by dominating lesser fighters and the other guy looks less impressive because he's fighting top fighters.

JacK Rauber and RacingBeat like this.
  13. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Yeah it says that they are on the same level, give or take.
    B level fighters but not P4P.