Thai Kick pads?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Alfred, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Alfred

Alfred New Member Full Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Hi Everyone:
    I've read all of the threads in here and reviews I could find about Thai pads, and I'm still not convinced as to which product is the best.
    I don't mind spending $150, or slightly higher if the pads will hold up and provide a good experience for both holder and striker.

Fairtex and Boon seem to be popular brand names, with other ones such as Top King and Hyabusa getting positive mention by some.

Recently the gym I train at has been doing rotation drills where we switch partners and strike someone else's pads. I notice that the pads vary greatly (some have more/less give, while others sting the skin a bit). There are a variety of pads among the students, but nothing that really stands out enough for me to buy them.
    My gym provides Twins or Windy, but they are getting worn out, and I want something for myself, for both convenience and hygiene reasons.
    Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    From a long martial arts background I’m a big fan of Fairtex when it comes to Thai pads. I work at a professional level and have never come across a bad pair or a fighter who has a negative reaction to working with them

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019