That James Stabler guy

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DarthYoda, Feb 6, 2013.

1. DarthYoda

DarthYoda Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I trained at London Shootfighters this weekend and heard some guys talking about him, i know one of the guys on here is always singing his praises.Anyway i asked about Stabler, apparently hes out of jail this month and will be going pro they said hes awesome, White Tyson they call him and they all say he s going all the way to the top, Used to regularly smash up Chisora and Fury in sparring.
    Will be interesting.

2. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    He looks ****ing garbage. Obviously he would slap the **** out of most of us on here, but in terms of operating as a professional he looks crap. He has been hyped online now for over 2 years and has yet to have a professional fight.

He pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit GBH with intent and a firearm charge in February 2011. Even by our soft standards, I find it a bit hard to believe that he is due to be released having done less than 2 years inside.

Even assuming he is about to come out, we will have a 27 year old with what looks to be fairly average power for a heavyweight, with poor technique and no proper sparring or coaching in the past 2 years. Hmm...

3. Lilo

Lilo Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Matchroom are meant to be signing him apparently, rumours of them visiting him in jail etc.

You got footage of him Strike?

4. Strike

Sep 14, 2004
    Yeah...this is him in the red getting a very odd stoppage win after being hit a lot.

[YT]7QqJDsFin2w[/YT]

5. Strike

Sep 14, 2004
    And sparring...he looks better in this at the start, throws a couple of decent uppercuts and body shots, but is clearly putting full power into every punch of a sparring session and let's face it not really rocking the black lad much. After less than 2 minutes he is throwing wide, looping haymakers some of which land and again have little effect.

He'd spark me out quick sharp, but I don't see much to be getting excited about.

[YT]IZU8fj3VQ5A[/YT]

6. moesizlak

moesizlak Active Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Hes gonna dominate dont worry. Cant be touched cant be beat cant be stopped. Hes got it all.

7. Strike

Sep 14, 2004
    Right he was sentenced in April 2011 to a 3 and 5 year sentence for the two crimes, to run concurrently. So basically 5 years. Even on good behaviour he must surely be doing 2.5 years, which would mean he won't be out until October of this year.

I could well be wrong...but it would be unusual for someone to get out having done less than half their time.

8. icemax

icemax Indian Red Full Member

Apr 24, 2008
    He looks utter garbage....I always love to see a pawing left hand, it looks so classy

9. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Looks garbage, not impressed.

10. kophead

kophead Active Member Full Member

May 6, 2013
    Me mate who is signed by Eddie says Fr**k and Eddie are fighting over this Stabler guy. The reason the two dont like each other is because of this Stabler guy. In Sparring he knocked out Fury and this guy is going to the top. David Haye even said he wont spar with this guy because his punches can end you even with a helmet on.

11. Mufc30

Mufc30 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Seems a lot of talk and not much actually happening. Bet his 'career' doesnt even get started

12. Alexandra park

Alexandra park Active Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2012
    This guy has more sparring fables than triple G

13. SkillspayBills

SkillspayBills Mandanda Running E-Pen Full Member

Oct 3, 2011
  14. JonnyBGoode

JonnyBGoode Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2011
    It all depends it's not unusual to only serve half your sentence, he may have served a lot of his time on remand whilst waiting for sentencing etc.

Only heard of him on here a few times, in reality if he is 27 and hasn't had a pro fight yet it's unlikely he'll do anything special, also won't be able to fight in America.

15. kophead

kophead Active Member Full Member

May 6, 2013
    Watch this video hes the heir to the Klitschko throne

youtube.com/watch?v=8pmvdM7kSzA

The only problem is finding sparring partners. No one wants to spar with him because he breaks jaws and ribs when he spars. One guy he sparred with tough guy Mick (well known in shootfighters) he hit in the top of chest. The punch was that hard his lung vibrated and hit his rib cage. He was hospital for 4 weeks with a Punctured Lung,