That just capped of a fantastic year for Boxing in Britain.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Dec 9, 2007.

1. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Enzo winning trainer of the year, Hatton finishing 3rd and then Joe Calzaghe winning probably the highest honour than can be given to a british sportsmen winning Sports Personality of the year.

I thought it was absolutley fantastic at the end when all the boxers and trainers there were all together at the end and had a big group hug when Joe won, they all seemed genuineley really pleased for him, Enzo, Ricky and eachother, even though some of them our rivals.

Big congratulations has got to go out to Enzo Macceranelli, Gavin Rees, Junior Witter, Clinton Woods, Ricky Hatton, all the trainers and especially to David Haye, Enzo Calzaghe and of coure Joe for there fantastic achievments this year. Also to all the amateures like Frankie Gavin who have done so well and will probaqbly bring home a few medals from Beijing.

Well done as well to guys like Graham Earl, Nicky Cook and Wayne Elcock who gave it there best shot and im sure will win many fights to come, and good luck this year to fighters like Matt Skelton, Carl Froch, John Duddy, Jamie Moore, Amir Khan and Alex Arthur its actually more then concievable that we would have 10 World Champions this time next year as those 5 are all more than capable of picking up a belt next year and some have title shots lined up already in 2008.

Well done to all of them for putting Boxing back to the top where it belongs!!!

2. Jack Dempsey

Jack Dempsey Legend Full Member

Jun 13, 2005
  3. GABBY

GABBY Active Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2007
    am trying to find out has father and son ever won this award on the same night before ?????

can anyone find out please

4. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    whats that about Jack?

5. Jack Dempsey

Jack Dempsey Legend Full Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Means I second your opinion:good

6. rydersonthestorm

rydersonthestorm Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 27, 2007
    I thought haye got a bit of a raw deal though he was hardly mentioned and has had the best year out of all of them.

7. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    this is itt, multiple belts means eveyone is a world champ

we know only Joe Calzaghe and David Haye are genuine world champs

Once Hatton fights Witter, then there will be a third....actually thats a bit unfair....hatton is still thte man at 140, i assume he is coming back now, but he should still fight Witter