That Mayweather-Hatton press conference that just happened...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dunky McCafferty, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    I was watching SSN earlier today, & was deeeelighted when they showed brief highlights from Floyd & Rickys first face to face encounter, & boy was it strange.

Floyd slgging Ricky off face to face, calling him a girl & saying how he wished he could be locked up in prison with Ricky to make him his *****, & Hatton just stood there, & said nothing??? Normally Ricky likes to crack the jokes, but he seemed to freeze, & even turned away to talk to a woman?. & then normally Mayweather laughs & mocks his opponent after a staredown, but not this time. Floys walked away looking very serious & angry... All in all, a strange meet up.

Anyone else see it? & whats your opinions?

2. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Mayweather was saying 'talk to me, talk to me', I think Hatton knew he was doing enough by smirking and not saying anything (if you know what I mean)?

The whole 'girl' thing and wanting to be locked up with Hatton was really wierd, like something Tyson would come out with when he started going off the rails, only it just ended up sounding like he wanted to have sex with Hatton in a police cell.

3. Nemesis

Nemesis Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2005
    It begs the question is Mayweather Gay?

Never known him to be married or have a bird at the fights

4. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    I think he expected a bit of verbals back from Hatton given that everyone acts like Ricky is a stand up comedian, but Ricky just stood there taking the insults & coming back with nothing! As I say, strange.

After it Ricky was trying to talk himself up for not being frightened of Mayweather, & I honestly dont think he is. Hattons a smug little character who thinks hes unbeatable. However, I think he was overawed coming face to face for the first time ever against the charisma of Mayweather. Ricky better get out his Bernard Manning joke book & get some lines rehearsed for their next meeting pronto, or no **** in Ameica is going to buy this fight:lol:

5. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    Its a ghetto thing, coming out with that kind of stuff. Watch the documentary Turned Out, about prison **** in Alabama, & you will get what Mayweather is getting at.

Thank **** Im not a white prisoner in Alabama state penetentiary, thats all I am saying:scaredas:

6. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    You think Mayweather is charismatic? I don't see it at all TBH...He dresses well and looks the part but I don't see any wit or charisma.

If the best a 31 year old man can come up with after 2 months of waiting is to call his opponent 'a girl' and 'Vicky Fatton' (Hatton wears 'Fatton' T shirts so obviously doesn't care) then he's no Ali....

7. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Mayweather has already made him his *****. You can be sure at a buffet, Ricky (despite his love of food) would queue behind Floyd. The way Mayweather alpha-maled Hatton today won't just fade away. It is sticking in his memory. On fight night it will be lingering in his mind.

Hatton is likely to just quit in his corner, especially likely given the dead atmosphere there will be in vegas. He fears and respects Floyd.

8. Nemesis

Dec 9, 2005
    I heard about that one Dunk :D , but i do have my doubts about
    This content is protected
    This content is protected

9. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    Admit it. You've been drinking......:roll:

10. Nemesis

Dec 9, 2005
    Anyone hear about the first time they met? Mayweather blanked Hatton and started stirring ****, it was at a bill a couple of years ago

this is the same man who gave SRL grief when they met as well (saying he would whup him no matter what)

11. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Hatton had the look of a loser in his eyes today.

I have a 100% prediction record, because of my instincts.

12. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    Charisma? Of Mayweather? He likes people to get riled and respond. Hatton looked like was going to start pissing himself, I mean jesus there are so many things you could mock Hatton about...and he came up with "You are a girl, I am too big"...:patsch:lol:

Hatton smirking pissed him off more, he tried to make it worse but because he has the IQ of a runner bean he only managed "I wish we were locked up together".

Not saying anything seemed like the best way to wind him up, he likes to show off in front of the press and get all the pictures, more than anything it is for pictures and hype. But when there is no response he cannot go on a proper rant or start jabbing his finger, so he just has to try and think of something else to say and he has a pretty limited repetoire.

13. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    So what was that [fullstop] thing you had going....? ;)

The 'alpha male' crap is just pyschobabble, Hatton just didn't want into calling Mayweather a 'girl' or '*****', PBF just looked like an idiot to me. I can see Hatton really getting under Floyds skin in this tour..

14. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    I say charismatic, but its charismtic in the sense he can get under anyones skin with his antics. Negative charisma. hes got someting about him you just cant ignore. Hes like Hopkins in that way, he has the knack of unsettling normally unflappble opponents! Im not saying Ricky was or is frightened of him, cos Hatton IMO thinks all he needs to do to win this fight is turn up. BUT, he got unsettled by Mayweather, & it surprised him.

15. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    Thats why Hatton kept his hands in his pockets....Mayweather just ran out of steam....