That Mayweather-Hatton press conference that just happened...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dunky McCafferty, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    Im not really disagreeing all that much with what you said..so i dont see the 'total disagreement'.

Hatton wasn't himself in Manchester, the poof joke although i laughed at it at first, when you think about it, its not a classy insult. The cursing on live TV, when he had to have known it was live tv, wasn't something iv ever seen of Ricky Hatton.

I dont care who they are, be in Wayne McCullough or Ricky Hatton, cursing on live tv isn't exactly that funny. What made me laugh most was, the Sky Sports commentator who still painted Hatton as the 'good guy' and it was Mayweathers fault basically that Hatton had a few moments out of character

Which brings me to what i was saying, PBF never really lost his character, mocking the 'theres only one Ricky Hatton' chant...playing to the Manchester fans, same as always. I genuinely think Ricky was better when he stayed there chewing the gum, but as i figured, he must have let something get under his skin and lost his cool.

Anyine that says Hatton one the battle of word, isn't looking into the situation, yes he made the better insults, but who took things personally? And who was just saying these things to promote the fight?
    Id answer them questions Hatton and Mayweather respectively

Just my opinion

2. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    maybe so, im just saying my bit:lol:

3. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I don't think he lost his cool, he was just in his hometown and put a bit of a show on/ made people laugh. People are reading far too much into these pressers, the only things I got out of them are that Floyd is a bit thick and Hatton swears at the wrong time. Neither will matter a rats ass come fight night.

4. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    Maybe so, but PBF isnt thick, just not brilliant with insults..like myself!:lol:

If you were a homosexual boxing fan, a Hatton fan, then you could take issue, right?

I think Mayweathers Man Utd jersey was great, itl promote the fight even more, i have no doubt he was told to do that, its about viewing numbers after all, so it was a good move in that sense.

Manchester Mayweather was funny in a simplistic way

5. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    It was his repetition that made me think he's not too sharp, just repeating same unfunny lines over and over.

On the gay thing, no I don't thing I would. I'm not just saying that but I've got a pretty thick skin anyway and my humour tends to be self-depreciating. It takes a lot to get me on my high horse.

6. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Ach I was just winding theboyracer up a bit, all that Hatton loving he was doing was giving your boy the boke:barf

7. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    Welcome aboard my young apprentice, welcome aboard:D

8. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    :lol: you nut

9. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    It makes a change from Ricky chewing gum I suppose!

& as for me & my 'Floyd recruitment drive', all I can say about that Gaz is in the words of that famous Carpenters song, "its only just begun":yep

aah just kidding. Its not my fault that I admire people who see through the Hatton hoopla, is it? Cos lets face it, I can still count 'em on one hand...

10. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    :lol::good

Top man Dunky!!:D

A cynic would say you just admire people who agree with you....;)

11. ron u.k.

ron u.k. Boxing Addict banned

Feb 14, 2006
    this is all bull**** people getting vexed about fighters and press conferences,and trying to read who's intimidated and who isn't.where have people been the last 30 or 40 years?it's all bollocks.as i said on another thread the fighters know it's something they have to do,they'd really rather be somewhere else.floyd is well..floyd what do people expect him to be?actually i rather like the kid i suspect under that brash exterior a nice guy lurks.hatton is a genuine nice kid period, and i suspect floyd has got under his skin a little but so what,mayweather would test the patience of god almighty.all this **** has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the fight.it will be surprisingly competitive but will still end mayweather by ud.

12. theboy_racer

theboy_racer Boxing Junkie banned

Mar 4, 2006
    How do you know that? :-(

*edit...Nevermind, your just winding iz up again i see lol

13. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    well, I am, & im not if you know what I mean. See, I always go on about a certain incident that happened in the immediate aftermath of the Arthur-Gomez fight, when Hatton jumped into the ring celeberating, & threw his sombrero onto the prone Arthur, who was receiving oxygen at the time. & of course there are reports that Hatton & his cronies were involved in some scuffles with the Edinburgh fans outside too, but I cant back that up with any evidence. So I get the feeling Ricky doesnt love us as much as my fellow scots think, but I have argued about this many times here before & dont want to go down that route again. However, I just thought I would explain myself incase you thought I was just being a ****. Welcome to ESB anyway Boyracer, & have a good stay:good

14. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    Wasn't Hatton pictured with that hat after he's supposed to have thrown it?

15. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    Well, they say it takes a big man to admit when hes wrong. & it seems I got things wrong regarding Hattons gay 'slur'!

My pal told me tonight he seen the incident from another angle, & Floyd was pinching Rickys thigh to wind Ricky up when he was trying to speak when Ricky came out with his 'stop trying to touch my dick you poof' line. I didnt know that Floyd was doing this, I just thought Ricky attacked Floyd without provocation. In light of the new evidence I have to say Ricky was within his rights to come out with that line, Floyd left himself open to that one!

So fair play to Hatton there for that comeback.