That Mayweather-Hatton press conference that just happened...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dunky McCafferty, Sep 18, 2007.

1. "TKO"

"TKO" Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Hmmm... who knows, too much more of this and I might actually start to change my opinion of PBF. Quite apart from the fact that I am a Man United fan, it is actually quite a humorous stunt to pull with Hatton's well noted love for Manc City!!!

2. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

This reminds me of those in attendance at the Khan v Limond fight at Londons 02 Arena with the continuous booing and objects being thrown at Limonds team during rounds. Disgraceful!

3. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    ha ha, course it was.

4. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

You may have ended up with it if you'd gone as Mayweather threw the Man U shirt into the crowd before he walked off!

5. "TKO"

Jun 23, 2007
    As I said, actually quite amusing. If he concentrated on **** like that rather than brainless bull**** insults I reckon a lot of people would take to hima bit more!!

6. Robbi

Robbi Marvelous Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Mayweather all the way. Boxing lesson.

7. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I just don't think he's very good at 'thinking on his feet' he just repeats the same thing over again and what was the 'Manchester Mayweather' comment all about? It doesn't even make sense.

8. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    manchester mayweather is in response to Mancunian mexican.

You do know Mayweather has "devloped" this persona because nobody gave a crap about him. Now everyone "hates" him and want to see him get spanked, or "loves to hate him" and loves his arrogance.

9. AllyT

AllyT Active Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2004
    :rofl

10. "TKO"

Jun 23, 2007
    Nah, from what I can recall he has always been an *******!! Even going way back to his fights with Hernandez and Corrales, he was coming out with **** about how Hernandez is a bum and how he was going to beat up Corrales for battered women everywhere (oh the irony!!!)

11. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    In my opinion its all a show to sell tickets. he's an arse, yes. but nowhere near as bad as he portrays (only my opinion). I think this is strengthened by the fact that people who have met him behind the camera have said he is very pleasurable, and generally an ok guy.

As a side I met Ricky in Dublin the other week, he was quite quick witted there you know. Cracked a few jokes along the way that were clearly off the cuff and moderately funny.

12. "TKO"

Jun 23, 2007
    I'll have to reserve judgement as I've never had the pleasure of meeting him. However, from Hatton's account, all this bad blood began when they met ringside at a fight in the U.S (can't remember which one). Hatton, being the nice guy he is said it was good to meet him and attempted to shake his hand. Mayweather responded with a string of insults and bad language. Hatton told him to go forth and multiply and the rest, as they say, is history!

13. Jimbo

Jimbo Super Sharp Shooter Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    They're doing a great job of selling the fight. 3 months out and I've had non-boxing-fan mates talking to me about it.

14. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Thats how I usually gauge how big a fight really is. Boxing fans tend not to see the wood for the trees in that respect sometimes.

15. Jimbo

Jimbo Super Sharp Shooter Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    I even had one mate email me the DLH cross dressing pics today. :D