That was confusing on January 30th, 2021...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Aitche, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Aitche

Aitche Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2019
    Spencer vs. Seldon: The whole fight was bizarre, but is Jerry Cantu a psychic referee? He knew and he called it before the fight even started!

2. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    Seldon inherited his father's china chin.

3. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    What did the ref say?

4. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    "I dont want this to be a street fight...I saw that look"

5. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    That was pretty strange. I don't know what happened in the lead up to the fight, but he came out expecting Seldon to be a garbage person. I know nothing of the situation, but you could tell Cantu was not going to give him an inch. In the long run, it was better for Seldon that it ended early.

Spencer may be a decent prospect, but they have to get someone in the ring with him that can at least compete and give him some rounds to develop.

Holler likes this.
  6. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Have people here seen other fights with Seldon? Is he that angry of a dude, and a known fouler?
    Glass seems to be clear here, as he lost KO1 trice now in his last five, and was out cold in his fight against Ababiy (the blonde mop top guy), who doesn't seem to be that big a hitter when matched with decent opposition.

7. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Interestingly Spencer, in the post-fight interview, seemed to think he was the one being warned about "bad looks".

Maybe that's true, and he said or did something provocative. I didn't understand why the announcers were so upset, they must have had some good Spencer anecdotes.