The "All Things Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midwest_Chopper

Midwest_Chopper Shalom Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    So why does Pacquiao make fighters fight at catchweights if him and Floyd are basically the same size?

2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his ├žock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Some of those had it razor-thin for Pacquiao, 115-113, like myself. The reasonably unprejudiced majority on here (excluding rabid Pacquio fans and haters) had it only a round wider, 116-112. 117-111 and wider cards are pretty rare.

IMO it was close but clear for Pacquiao and a draw is a bit generous to Bradley but the 115-113 cards for Bradley aren't that far from how a good many of those "in the know" scored it by my reckoning. A two round swing separates those "in the know" from the judges who awarded it to Bradley. A two round swing in a fight that had a lot to choose between in most of the rounds.

C.J. Ross and Duane Ford are also a good deal more "in the know" about boxing, having sat ringside to appraise hundreds of championship bouts, than some random ****ing sports journalist or blogger.

3. Thatman

Thatman No respond troll pactards banned

Jun 10, 2012
    Floyd walks around at about 151-152 while Manny walks around at about 145. Floyd does have the bigger chest and shoulders so I would say he is a bigger man. It's his length that gives him the HUGE advantage over Manny. ****er has some long arms and his jab is very long when he wants to keep distance.

4. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his ├žock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    117-111 is too wide. 118-110 impugns one's credibility (as much as would a card with Bradley winning). 119-109 virtually destroys one's credibility.

5. Thatman

Jun 10, 2012
    I'll help you out cuchulain..

105 and 108 are together because MOST fighters who fight at 105 also fight at 108.

105 is referenced as "minimum weight" while 108 is referenced as light flyweight. That should make the rest easy for you.

6. puga_ni_nana

puga_ni_nana Dempsey Roll Full Member

Apr 14, 2007
    and you believe that it was the accurate weight? if you believe so, then you must believe that tyson marquez really made weight in his supposed fight with mayol. and my point is oscar was overweight and that justified pac asking for an overweight penalty.

7. And the 5 WBO judges, all scored it for Pacquiao in the review.

It is widely accepted it was a huge robbery where the judges did not do their job, either through incompetence or corruption.

And lot more boxing journalist watch a lot more fights that judges, and quite a few of them were their that night.

8. Relentless

Relentless Obsessed with Boxing banned

Mar 5, 2006
    wtf why are you ***gots discussing all these match ups i thought this thread was to talk **** about floyd noskillweather?

9. Marquez had Pacquiao winning by 5 rounds easily.

Floyd Mayweather Sr, Roger Mayweather and Jeff Mayweather had Pacquiao winning

10. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    bradley sd 12 pacquiao

11. canucks9314

canucks9314 Iron Chinned ATG Warrior Full Member

Jun 21, 2011
    bradley sd12 pacquiao

This content is protected

12. Thatman

Jun 10, 2012
    On the first weigh in. Ok he was justified. Floyd was justified asking for olympic style blood testing because the commission testing was PROVEN to be flawed by a few fighters such as Shane Mosley and Holyfield.

So both are proven and Floyd agreed w/out hesitation. Your boy Manny bitched and complained about having to give blood. Now he pricing himself out.

None the less, I already won man...I'm on my way home and you still fighting with the ref in the ring about your loss. You remind me of Zab Judah after fighting Kosta. Go check that fight out if you don't know what happened after the KO.:deal

LOOK how this ***** ignored my underlined question? He knows he got proved wrong so he just resorts back to bull****.

Puga, SJS is your owner. I am not debating/owning you anymore. I have made you my ***** in this thread w/out any doubt.

13. puga_ni_nana

puga_ni_nana Dempsey Roll Full Member

Apr 14, 2007
    so finally you *****s concede that oscar was overweight. so when has pac tested positive before to justify floyd accusing him of PEDs? this all came out from floyd getting worried that he **** his pants and avoided facing pac like his father advised him.

14. cuchulain

cuchulain Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 6, 2007

Before you Completely lose your ass, laughing it off, where did I say there was a 116 lb division, or a 107 lb ?

If you go back and read what I wrote, I said:

And both statements are true.

In 1995, Manny weighed in at 107 twice, once for his bout with Rocky Palma and once for his bout with Montejo.

He was 16 years old for both bouts.

Hence, he boxed at 107 at age 16. That was the weight he weighed in at for the bouts. Got it ?

And in 1996, he weighed in at 116 for his bout with Bert Batiller. Manny was 17 at the time. Thus, he boxed at 116 at age 17. Getting the picture.

I've been following the sport since mid 1965, and I even knew there was no 129.5 lb division, genius. :yep

And yet Floyd once boxed at 129.5

Amazing.

You completely missed the ****ing point.

Both men weighed in at approximately the same weight for fights they fought at the same age.

Am I giving you a clue yet ?

Hence, the point put forth by Floyd that he took years longer to get to his current weight is bull****.

Ponder it a bit, lad.

If you need more guidance here, you could phone a friend.

Or I could draw you a diagram.

15. Thatman

Jun 10, 2012

You dummy you always **** your posts up. Yea for one hour until the 2nd weigh in Oscar weighed .5 over the contracted limit.

It does not matter that he never tested positive. Mosley beat those tests and later on Petersen did too.

next please as this guy is way to easy to prove wrong. I need more of a challenge in a debate. :deal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.