The arguments can stop ... a new RING Heavyweight Championship Lineage Begins February 22

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dubblechin, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Round of Applause for the new Heavyweight Champion.

This content is protected

2. FartWristedBum

FartWristedBum I walk this Earth like a bum Full Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Again, none of this or at least very little, is counter-point to anything I said.

Again, you've made the crazy assertion that I think Joshua is 'head and shoulders' above the rest of the division. Where exactly did I say that? I just didn't.

I mean, "Joshua doesn't have longevity, Wilder does". Just get real friend. What does that even mean? Wilder took longer to achieve less and earn far less? F-ing jokes.

Ortiz would have, could have, I rated him, he was predicted to do etc etc etc. HE. HAS. DONE. NOWT. What part of this don't you understand?

Disparaging all of Whyte's victories is exactly what people do to tear down anyone's resume. It's the hall-mark of a biased boxing fan. Nevermind how you rate people, just put Wilder's best 5 victories against Whyte's and make a direct comparison rather than so-and-so was rubbish blah blah. Then you'll see how tissue thin Wilder's record actually is.

I essentially put Wilder and Fury "off to the side of the division" due to the fact that they have very little shared comp and not enough activity against legit contenders. I DON'T accept the premise that Wilder is good cos he fought Ortiz and Ortiz is good cos he fought Wilder. Also the premise that Fury is #1 cos he beat Wilder and Wilder would be #1 if he beats Fury. It's too insular and, as anyone without bias would say, you will need decisive victories over Joshua, Fury, Wilder, Whyte and possibly Parker to really be considered undisputed and/or #1.

End of, I do respect your views and have not resorted to name calling or poor, 1-dimensional arguments. Doesn't mean you're not demonstrably wrong though.

3. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Fury really showed he was several levels above Wilder.
    Wallin gave him a tougher fight.