The arguments can stop ... a new RING Heavyweight Championship Lineage Begins February 22

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dubblechin, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    It's about the ridiculous ducking of a so called "lineal champion" of other top fighters that there was an undisputed champion in place for multiple fights before he finally entered the ring against him. That started the weird thing of lineal champions refusing to fight good opponents, because they could make money fighting second tier.
    Even the Ring came up with rules to counter that for their belt, but lineal is free for all.
    Yes, he had to beat Tucker first to be undisputed.

Yes, but after that he ducked his mandatory Tucker, who was presumed to be better.
    READ MY POST!!! It's from then on out that it constantly happened. We had "lineal champions" who got "recognized" by some and not by others.
    People are still disputing when or if ever Wladimir became "lineal"... It's pure paper.

2. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    And READ MY POST.

In 11 days, the undefeated #1 contender and undefeated #2 contender will fight for the World Title ...

And you don't have to keep complaining about **** that happened 33 years ago with Tyson and Spinks. Or 11 years ago with Wlad and Chagaev.

I've basically written thousands of words to tell everyone complaining to get their collective heads out of their collective asses because the top two are fighting in 11 days.

That's GREAT news!!!

It doesn't matter if Tyson wasn't recognized fast enough. It doesn't matter if Wlad "actually" was champ or not.

In 11 days, the undefeated #1 contender will square off with the undefeated #2 contender.

And we'll have a new World Heavyweight Champion ...

And all that champion's title fights going forward will matter.

And the man who beats that champion will then become THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION. And he'll join Dempsey, Tunney, Marciano, Louis, etc., too.

So you can stop complaining about the stuff you've been complaining about for years and years.

The RESTART button is being pushed in 11 days. And it will all be behind us.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Rilz likes this.
  3. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    * Ring and TBRB both have Fury and Wilder rated number one and number two, so new lineage will be established across the board. Fury was indeed lineal, but retired (if only for a moment), creating a vacancy that has yet to be filled.

Dubblechin likes this.
  4. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    same here

5. highlander

highlander Active Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2017
    seem to recall "ring magazine" still having canelo ranked as champion AFTER he tested positive for his tainted beef meals. which went AGAINST their own rules! "a fighter testing positive for p.e.d's. will be removed from their status and ranking". so, i do not put too much faith or verity into "ring magazine" any more.

guncho, Deew and Leeroy84 like this.
  6. Rusty100

Rusty100 New Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    An unusually sensible and accurate post from you. I agree given Joshuas loss these two are rated 1 and 2.

7. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    The first meeting ... December 1, 2018.

This content is protected

DynamicMoves likes this.
  8. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Deontay Wilder training for the rematch. Posted earlier today.

9. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Tyson Fury training for the rematch. Posted yesterday.

10. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    "If I can't beat Deontay Wilder, I'm a bum!"

Tyson Fury.

Posted today.

11. The Mighty G

The Mighty G New Member banned Full Member

Dec 5, 2017
    In fairness I believe that they did used to be intertwined but not since a while back. They are now separate. Fury is currently both though I think?

12. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Correct.

When the top two rated heavyweights fight to fill the vacancy, in this case both undefeated as well, it restarts the lineage.

No matter how many times some on this board stomp their feet and complain ... that's the way it's always been.

February 22, 2020 ... for the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP ... 10 days and counting.

13. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    The Ring lost all its credibility when :beautiful: Oscar took it over

14. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    how you figure...bruh AJ was beat plum near to death and made to quit 2 fights ago. Seriously, how could you possibly believe what you just typed?

15. Ken Ashcroft

Ken Ashcroft Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 23, 2008
    What if it's another draw? :couch: