The best I`ve faced: Hagler (the ring magazine)

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Dec 16, 2018.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Mike Tyson used to get in fighters heads during his prime, they looked beat before the opening bell sometimes.

Longhhorn71 likes this.
  2. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    The force is strong with the sugar man!

Bokaj likes this.
  3. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    What are talking about? Hagler would to be suffering from cancer to make welter.

4. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Before the SRL vs Hearns rematch Hearns claimed Sugar was on steroids because of his bulging biceps and Sugar muttered to Emanuel Steward back looked massive but didn't claim steroids.

5. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Well when my sister moved here years ago. I had to empty out one of my rooms and put my magazines in my car in the backyard before I put it in a trunk in the car, and I put the magazines on the trunk of the car just to show them.. Can people post pictures on here? I never did it and do not know how..

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  6. PernellSweetPea

Feb 26, 2009
    Tommy just said that steroid comment to get under Ray's skin and it did. Ray worked well with Hagler, who was straight forward and not really a game player. He liked to just get in there and fight, and he was not into Ray's games. Hearns didn't play games, but he didn't not play games. He went with whatever someone wanted to do. Ray was doing this thing in interviews at that time when Tommy would be talking he would be pointing at his own chin over and over as thought to make Tommy think about his chin. I thought that is rather childish at that point since Hearns didn't seem like the kind of guy that would bother after all those fights. Ray's mindgames worked with Hagler, but I don't think with anyone else. And not because Hagler could not handle it, he was just an honest guy who really did not think in game terms.

7. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Good question! I have tried and failed and didn’t bother to ask...but since you asked I will as well. How do you post a pic in a thread? And please dumb it down for the technologically challenged

8. PernellSweetPea

Feb 26, 2009
    I agree. When it comes to computers and doing things, I am not good at all. Hey you almost have 10,000 posts. I am surprised I have 7,000 on here. On my other name I had 34,000 before ESB booted the name. I wish I could get that one back.

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  9. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    Lol 10,000 I didn’t even know that I have not checked in a few years. I guess I do have to much time on my hands? What was your username before?

10. PernellSweetPea

Feb 26, 2009
    mag1965 I think. Well I like to post here. I had a friend ask me what I was up to recently. and I said I post on a message board and he said you got time on your hands. I said no I like doing it. I don't know why people think this is any different than say going to the beach or something like that. I like it.

McGrain, juppity and PhillyPhan69 like this.
  11. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    I agree! Except for work all I do is listen to music and watch, play and talk sports. boxing is my favorite but most of the people I hang out with like MMA NFL and NBA and outside of 1 close friend this is the only place I get my boxing fix. I remember the name as well

juppity likes this.
  12. PernellSweetPea

Feb 26, 2009
    I used that name for many years. Boxing is what I love. and yeah besides work I get on here. Actually sometimes I get on here during breaks at work, which is rather dumb but it is something I like. I have a keyboard with a laptop I use to sign on in my car during breaks. Before the internet, I didn't know many people into boxing like I was. I read the magazines and followed it and taped everything on television. Then my friend's young brother Arthur, wanted to become a boxer and I trained him and became his good friend. To find people who are into the sport like I am is interesting after years of not having that. The net brings people together.

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  13. PernellSweetPea

Feb 26, 2009
    yeah I know. Ray was playing his games at the time. Ray was just bulked up at 168 and he looked like he was lifting weights to get strong, and he seemed to think he was a bigger puncher than he was. He hit Hearns with big punches, and had he had power he would have hurt him more. Tommy took them well and came back.

mark ant likes this.
  14. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Oh going to the beach is WAY better trust me .. hot chicks are at the beach! .. hey btw, you been on here a long time, any girls on our board here or have there ever been?

15. PernellSweetPea

Feb 26, 2009
    Yeah you are right.. I used to live near the beach when I lived in California, well about 25 miles from it. My cousin lived right by it and I had a car so I drove him there with his friends. It was a fun time. A long time ago.. Now if I go to the beach they might mistake me for a whale. Now in Texas I live far from it. I don't recall any woman on here. There might have been, but I don't really think so. Not anyone who said they were a woman.. It is a good question because I would think there would be one or two out of maybe 100 people.