The best trainer for Eubank

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Blue Manc, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Blue Manc

Blue Manc Member Full Member

Apr 6, 2018
    I watched an interview with Shane Mcguigan earlier talking about the Eubank Degale fight and I thought he gave a very balanced view on juniors strengths and weaknesses. I don't believe Eubank will treat his new trainer from the mayweather gym with much respect but I think perhaps if he loses he might finally get a proper trainer and Shane would be a good fit. However I think he will probably beat a shot Degale and the win will paper over his weaknesses

2. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Booth would be a good trainer for jnr

3. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Someone that can teach him to throw a jab properly.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  4. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I thought he was with Booth for a while but he (Booth) said they couldn't work together and parted ways.

Freddie Roach could be a good match he likes a bit of all out attack.

im sparticus likes this.
  5. Blue Manc

Apr 6, 2018
    He tried that once before

im sparticus likes this.
  6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Shrek.. he looked after another Donkey pretty well.

mark ant likes this.
  7. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Will the Eubanks listen to anyone.

mark ant likes this.
  8. Blue Manc

Apr 6, 2018
    That's the issue for me cos if Eubank wins he will carry on the same as before but if he loses he may finally realise he needs a proper trainer

9. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Roach was the first guy I thought of. Jr is too old to start boxing under guys like McGuigan or Booth. He's an offensive fighter who needs his tools sharpened and more meat put on the end of his shots.

pow and Suspect.chin like this.
  10. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Needs a trainer that will show him how to set up his shots with the jab, it`s one of the most important punches in boxing.

11. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    We know that but if you haven't learned it by age 29/30, you're not going to learn it.

delboy82 and mark ant like this.
  12. Blue Manc

Apr 6, 2018
    What I liked about Shane's analysis was he was talking about Eubanks footwork i.e. falling into shots and not moving his feet. If he improved this aspect of his game he may be able to plant his feet at the right time and then unleash his quick combos. Not sure Eubank could change his style and become a boxer who sets everything up from a jab(although his jab does need to improve)

13. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    He's way too arrogant to listen to anyone, an his dad doesn't help, just a year ago he was saying "maybe I've made him too good...." :biggrin:

14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    There better carrying on as they are. Eubank can't throw straight with one of his arms due to some kind of long term injury. Think it could be the right arm. You can't train someone in the proper style without a straight right.

I don't think what there doing is all that bad giving the circumstances. He just came up short against groves who had a very good judge of distance plus the eubanks underestimated the importance of weight classes in this day and age. He,ll probably getting more luck doing what their already doing getting lesser opponents than groves out of there with a full on attrition.

Bulldog24 likes this.
  15. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    The problem is he has such a big ego and is so arrogant, that he isnt prepared to listen to anyone.

He is definitely the most deluded boxer in world boxing today