The big one Sly Sports 12.30pm

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Jurgen, Jan 2, 2021.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Absolutely.

They take zero accountability for their actions. A paragraph in their pathetic statement today actually states:

"The reality is that a case could well have occurred had the team remained in Scotland, as other cases have done in Scottish football and across UK sport in the past week."

No simple apology for getting it wrong and flying out to Dubai. No apology for endangering public health in Scotland. Couldn't mark their necks with a blowtorch.

Contrast that to Steven Gerrard's actions when a couple of Rangers players breached protocols by going to a party. Immediately fined and dealt with. A true leader.

Livingston have won eight on the trot so I wouldn't put it past them to do a job on Celtic on Saturday. I sincerely hope I'm back in this thread come 1700 on Saturday after another comedy show in the East End of Glasgow.

Jurgen likes this.
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    It is going to take a huge carpet to sweep all the Cove Celtic FC dirt under.

That Dubai trip and photos does appear to be two fingers up to their fans and the general public making huge sacrifices.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Like Dominic Cummings they simply don't see what is wrong - a club that has lost touch with the public perception and even most of their fans must be wondering when this circus is leaving town.

4. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Ehhhh how did i miss this thread!!!

Hey you there with the sad face come up to my place and live it up.

55 and counting its been a beautiful season of tim skelping.

5. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I really feared that "Live it up" had the potential of biting us in the backside in the summer, all of it seemed to be premature but the way this season has gone, we couldn't have scripted it better if we tried.

My personal highlight of the season has just been Shane Duffy. Just his existence in general. He really thought he would swan down here and collect an easy league title.

Jurgen, delboy82 and Inglis_1 like this.
  6. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Hahaha my mate is a staunch Celtic supporter and he can't stand Shane Duffy. I don't watch much Scottish football (Villa supporter) but he doesn't think highly of many Premier League players that sign for Celtic haha.

delboy82 and CutThroatFade like this.
  7. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    He's been an utter disappointment. Signed for a £2m loan fee and £40k per week wages which is astronomical in our league. They signed him purely because of his Irish background when Duffy is the total opposite of what they actually needed which is a ball-playing pacy centre back. A backs-to-the-wall "boot it into row Z" defender is useless for Celtic and Rangers because our backlines spend 90% of each game on the halfway line against teams camped in.

Easily the most disastrous signing in recent history.

Inglis_1 and delboy82 like this.
  8. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015

While one club in Scotland continues to jeopardise public health through consistent breaches of protocol, it's great to see Scotland's premier football club leading by example to safeguard the health of the nation.

ryanm8655, Jurgen and delboy82 like this.
  9. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    well done mate, your team are finally going to win something, only took you 10 years

delboy82 likes this.
  10. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    Mmmmmm salty tears, there is nothing anyone can say that will dampen the mood.

Girfuy x

11. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    Cant be right, they are/were leading the way in terms of covid, maybe they shoukd have focused on the league instead!!

12. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    People can look to celtic and say they have been poor. Doesnt matter we ha e been excellent and even an in firn would have struggled to keep up, were half way thro jan and have conceded 6 goals in the league, thats astonishing.

But to also carry that into europe is also amazing, we really should have beaten every team in every game in europe too. Id go as far to say that in terms of results so far this season its been one of the most impressive showing by a club in scotland ever.

Watp

Clarkey, Jurgen and CutThroatFade like this.
  13. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    It has been hilarious watching him (duffy) , to think they pay almost the same fee a week to duffy as we paid to buy kamara is just glorious.

Clarkey, Jurgen and CutThroatFade like this.
  14. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    To which he then follows up with pics of him drinking pints and smoking ***s in the pool in dubai, you couldnt script it any better.

15. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Yep agreed, at this point in the season in a comparison with Brendan Rodgers' "Invincible" season Rangers have accumulated just two points less than they had but with a seven goal advantage in the goal difference. So any narrative that they have just chucked the league away themselves doesn't stack up. Rangers would still be untouchable even if Celtic had performed better. Brendan Rodgers was also up against one of the worst Rangers squads ever in the top flight with a spineless manager.

I'd like to see Gerrard bring in a midfielder with Arfield and Jack out because I want to see Rangers make a big push for the quarter finals at least of the Europa.