The biggest beating in the history of the hw division (my opinion))

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by heavy_hands, May 31, 2013.

1. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Corbett - Sullivan
    Jeffries Ruhlin 2
    Johnson - Jeffries
    Dempsey - Willard
    Dempsey - Firpo
    Tunney - Dempsey 1
    Baer - Schmeling
    Schmeling - Louis 1
    Louis - Schmeling 2
    Louis - Abe Simon 2
    Louis - Buddy Baer 2
    Louis - Godoy 2
    Patterson - Johannsson 2
    Ali - Cleveland Williams
    Frazier - Ellis
    Foreman - Frazier 1 and 2
    Foreman - Roman
    Foreman - Norton
    Tyson - Pinklon Thomas
    Lewis - Michael Grant
    Lewis - Botha

2. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

well... are these knock downs fo real or not?yes... the summarize of a fight is a real part of the fight right? was carnera stopped and hurt badly? yes. you are trying to insinuate that this fight was close and was not a beating , nice try. schmeling vs louis was an early knock out, hardly a massacre. quarry was finished when he faced norton. not a fair match here. baer did hurt carnera once and again during the fight . you could argue about foreman vs frazier easily. or foreman vs norton, but my pick is baer vs carnera, these knock downs to a giant were brutal and savage, baer was a monster puncher with the right hand

3. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

galento vs louis was brutal too, the fat man was drunk on the ring, but louis was very accurate so i was better for his rivals, because they were dreaming very fast , baer and foreman were not that accurate and they looked more savage.

4. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Agree that Baer was a monster puncher. He pounded poor carnera for 5 of the 11rounds but Primo took less punishment over 11 than hundreds of one sided losers in title fights because Baer took too many rounds off. Your definition of a massacre is not the same as those who saw the full fight. The summarised version is only a fair reflection if it is a fair reflection. I repeat 6 rounds of that fight was not a massacre and that is the larger part of the fight. Clear win yes. Massacre no.

I meant to say Schmeling massacred Louis in their first fight. That was closer to a definition of a massacre than the second fight which is what most would call a blow out. Vitali kilitchko v danny Williams was also a horrible massacre worse than baer v Carnera because there were no competitive rounds.

5. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

i agree
    i agree that vitali gave him a beating, but i like more my pick

6. dyna

dyna Boxing Junkie banned

Jun 1, 2012
    Vitali Klitschko on Lennox Lewis :yep

(Please know that I'm sarcastic)

Douglas - Tyson was except for 1 punch everything but competitive.
    The round after the knockdown showed how much Douglas was still hurt by that punch, he outlanded Tyson with his (now) wild punches 3-1.

7. afterglow

afterglow Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2011
    I don't hug the nuts of either bro, but that fight was rough on Briggs.

Vitali may have not KO'ed him, but he hit him flush at will for 36 minutes.

Your very much underestimating the damage that can be brought on from that.

Vitali enjoyed that **** more than he should have. :-(

8. albinored

albinored Active Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2007
    .....i don't understand how anyone who has seen the film of the dempsey/willard fight can name any other above it....the rules allowed dempsey to just stand there and hit willard with everything in his arsenal.

9. SP_Mauler

SP_Mauler Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Louis wanted it to go the distance so he could keep hitting Galento for all the smack he'd been talking. Apparently Galento kept calling Louis at night with smack talk leading up to the fight and it wouldn't surprise me if he said the N word. Funny guy Galento

10. guilalah

guilalah Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Slavin - Kilrain, Ftizsimmons-Ruhlin, Ruhlin -T. Sharkey II were bad beatings of yesteryear.

11. DigMona

DigMona Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Vitali gave Danny Williams a pretty bad beating.

12. Absolutely!

Absolutely! Fabulous, darling! Full Member

Jul 8, 2010
    The Klits have been involved in quite a few.

Wlad vs Mercer was a horrendous one-sided beating. This was back when Wlad still let his hands go, and some of the shots he was cracking Mercer's jaw with were sickening -- shots that would have knocked out most heavyweights, and I don't mean that in the cliched sense, but very literally.

Vitali vs Briggs was probably one of the worst of recent memory. Vitali was throwing the kitchen sink at Briggs, solid heavy handed shots, and Briggs just wasn't going down. Vitali ended up breaking bones in Briggs's face and sending him to the hospital because the referee and the cornermen were too dumb to pull the man out of there.

Wlad vs Wach was a similar type of fight, though not quite so brutal.

Vitali vs Danny Williams had knockdowns and wobblings galore, though it wasn't so punishing as some of the above.

13. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Foreman vs Frazier I hands down.

14. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Yes Galento V Louis and Bowe Golota 2. Golota hit him with the kitchen sink, low blows, rabbit punches, laces to the face not to mention legal blows that had Bowe stumble around the ring like a drunken sailer for most of the fight.

15. HOUDINI

HOUDINI Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Dempsey Willard hands down. Those at ringside were screaming for the fight to be stopped the beating was so bad.