**The Boxing Doctor prescription.....**

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Orishaman, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Orishaman

Orishaman I tell it like it is.... Full Member

Aug 5, 2004
    To all boxers, looking for help and tips regarding your style or opponents syles...we will have the prescription for the cure.....:good

2. amy

amy If you know what I mean Full Member

May 23, 2006
    give me my meds then

3. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    I want to become a good counter-puncher, with good head movement.
    What can I do, master of styles?

4. Dennis

Dennis Gym Rat Full Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Everyone has a style that naturally suits them best. A big percentage of it depends on ones physical attributes, but also a bit on your mentality..aggresive/calm, attacking mindstate/defensive mindstate, patient/not patient...get the point? Find the style that suits you best. If counter-punching really is your thing, then do it. Practice counterpunching on the mitts, when shadowboxing or working the bag visualize you being attacked and react to it, spar guys that like to go on the attack and counter them. Doing it will make you do it better, so do it, in all ways of training you can think of.

5. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    this should be a sticky, orishaman is a real trainer, unlike dennis (no offense denise)

6. Dennis

Jul 12, 2006
    I'm not offended you ****ing lil' ripped *******. In fact, I'll PM Reggie myself to make sure this gets sticky'd. My whole thread was inspired by Orishaman and he's welcome to give his opinion on things in it as well as I'm giving mine in this one.:yep :thumbsup

7. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    its not 'lil ripped *******' its MR Relentless

oh that reminds me MR Relentless will be breaking down nutrition myths in a few days,

-just a warning.

8. Dennis

Jul 12, 2006
    Ok, that's Kool as long as you live up to your words.:D

By the way, I already PM'd Reggie this should be sticky'd..it'll be done. Reggie's a good guy somewhere deep down on the inside in that rock he calls a heart.:yep

9. Orishaman

Orishaman I tell it like it is.... Full Member

Aug 5, 2004
    I don;t mind.....sometimes this type of thread can be overwhelming, from experince!!!

So Dennis, your cool....now I HAVE THE RIGHT TO TRUMP YOU IF I FILL YOUR ADVISE IF NOT ACCURATE....

Like Mr. Small for example:

Even though bdy types dictate styles, to a point, your boxing ability and skills really determine what is your best style....you can be tall and be a good counterpuncher, or you can be short and be a good aggrssive fighter, all depends on your fundamentals: footwork, physical conditioning, speed, power and defensive ability.....

10. amy

amy If you know what I mean Full Member

May 23, 2006
    :lol: you are such a ***** sometimes.

This content is protected
    :twisted: