The boys are back in town.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scyson, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I enjoyed the show last night.

Hard to judge Dubois at the moment. He doesn’t use his left hand much. He finished his opponent with about 5 consecutive right hands shots. It was very one dimensional.

2. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Finally Dubois is fighting fighters that are gonna try and fight back unlike the trash he fought that was a total waste of time and yarde is not very good at all

3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I thought it was good match making all round really.

He got Dubois a common opponent with AJ, which will be used (wrongly) as a measuring stick. I think he is mandated for the English title against Webb next which is a good fight.

Sjekloca was coming off a draw with Stieglitz at LHW and was there as both a step up for Yarde and as someone who should take his power. He was the former and Yarde showed his power is legit. My Karo Murat senses are tingling for him

Selby fight wasn't great

I don't think anyone called the Truax win (apologies if you did...) so that was enjoyable too.

zulander likes this.
  4. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    What I will say is that he has very good balance for someone at that age, but he hasn't had to look reckless yet mind you

Twentyman likes this.
  5. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Selby v warrington on ppv would be a huge flop! Only of interest in Leeds.

Scyson likes this.
  6. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    FWIW - just reading Darch's Twitter. Said AJ had him more hurt than Dubois but Dubois was faster. He said in 5-6 fights time Dubois could be a handful for AJ.

I do like Dubois, seems like a nice guy. Like an actual one, not a pretend one. Perhaps a little banal though

ryanm8655 likes this.
  7. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I think AJ probably hurt him more because AJ was just teeing off like Deontay. AJ is clearly much faster than Dubois though.

Both totally outclassed him, AJ didn't get tied up much at all and was able to get his punches off better in combination.

Dubois was getting tangled up quite a bit but was looking for single shots.

AJ seemed gassed after 1 round and Dubois looked like he was just getting started.

So in terms of overall performance I can't really split them. Very close neither were perfect but both were very good.

PaddyGarcia likes this.
  8. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Didn't think it was a bad card overall. Dubois went in with someone who at least wanted to give it a go. Give him another couple of fights and then he can look at being stepped up a bit... I've seen Gorman mentioned and that would be interesting on both sides of the coin. I'm sure Wazza will trying to avoid a David Price repeat and jumping him up several levels and getting stopped. Take the old-fashioned route for now.

Yarde we finally saw in a fight.. We saw him take a punch and one or two got his attention. The positives he can hit and his jab could really be useful as goes towards a belt or whatever. The negatives he seemed to be breathing hard after 2 rounds, he took some really nice clean right hands and he doesn't have the upper body mobility for the shoulder roll. I do wonder how well he will do under pressure, he seemed to be moving far too much at times. A good win against a capable operator he needs more of these type of fights.

Selby boxed well but I sometimes wish he'd throw a 3rd of 4th punch. 1 2 then step off. He put the guy back on his heels with a hard left hook late on but didn't put any more pressure on his opponent was knackered. Good boxer but not massively entertaining.

De Gale well whats gone on there. Truax is capable been around the block but a world champion with De Gales background should have been able to handle someone walking him down, He just didn't seem to want to fight. He didn't thow the jab his footwork wasn't there. He just stood with his hands up taking punches, it was really odd.