The Brockton Bomber vs The Bronze Bomber

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Nov 23, 2019.

Who wins

1. Marciano by Knockout

2. Marciano by Decision

3. Wilder by Knockout

4. Wilder by decision

5. Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Shame we never saw Marciano in the ring against some young punchers to see how he holds up before some on here side with him against every atg who ever lived.
    The irony!

2. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Wilder has terrific power,proven one punch, lights out power against super heavyweights, a lot more power than anyone Rocky ever faced and to mention Ortiz' age is very amusing when you consider the old men Marciano feasted on.Who says Ortiz is 50, the ever mysterious and anonymous , "they"?

What top drawer heavyweight punchers did Marciano face?

3. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Name them please! How many of Big Bill Wilson's fights have you seen to assess his skill level?
    Wilson's weight fluctuated between 201lbs and his career high 229.5lbs against Marciano.
    Wilson was ko'd 10 times , in his previous fight he was floored twice and beaten by177lbs Danny Nardico. Marciano didn't ko him the fight was stopped inside the opening 2minutes when Wilson sustained a freak, badly cut eye.
    Wilson was never a ranked contender he was a trial horse.
    Valdes was the number 1 contender in1953 and 1954 the reason he never fought Marciano was because Al Weill didnt fancy the match!
    Lastarza got floored and beaten by journeyman light heavy Rocky Jones 3 fights before his title shot, that didn't stop him getting a title shot did it?

Charles had won just 2 of his previous 4 fights yet he got a title shot,two in fact! NB one of those losses was to Valdes in 53, which made Valdes the number 1 contender ,who got the title shot? Charles!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  4. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017

Lol you are missing the point

5. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Perhaps you had better explain it to me, as I am old and decrepit .I probably need your elucidation to enlighten me.

6. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Valdez didn’t get a shot he had a chance to get it but missed out his loss. Many fighters fight ex champs first for pay days usually. At least he was ranked Top 3 which is something u can’t say for most wilder opponents

7. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Good Lord, is he a midget? Is there a spectrum to dwarfism?

8. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    what is it with you getting all butthurt over a fantasy fight lol

9. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    He was the number one contender in 1953 and 1954 true or false?

10. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm not butt hurt about a fantasy fight or anything else.Im just a little puzzled why you chose to put your ten cents in stating I missed the point .Ive asked you to explain the point I've missed and you haven't done so.Your own contribution to this thread is ,"lol, and definitely a live dog in this one." No breakdown ,,no explanation, no reason in fact no Jack **** ,just a vacuous smirk .

George Crowcroft likes this.
  11. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    look quit getting butthurt alright its a thread

as for the fight , the only reason im matching rocky against wilder is because of the styles and wilders flaws

you dont see me matching up marciano vs mike tyson or lennox lewis now do you ?

i look at the fighters as a whole

resume , style , skill everything even size and power

like i said i favor deontay wilder over marciano

but you cant dismiss rocky as a live dog in this fight.

its up for the imagination

i would think wilder stops rocky but due to wilder only depending on one shot and needing distance to generate that power . marcianos style takes that distance away . meanwhile wilder leaves himself way more open than marciano ever did .

facing someone shorter is a disadvantage to wilder he needs distance to generate that power , like i said rockys swarming style cuts distance

no distance and wilder cant generate that power that he needs

i still favor wilder to put him to sleep mid rounds

but stylistically the Rock gives him trouble

so quit getting butthurt and taking every argument up the @$$. Debate and chill lol

or agree to disagree

like i said i favor wilder to beat rocky, but rockys style and heart give wilder trouble

also this would be the first swarmer wilder would ever face

this would be an advantage for rocky

12. Man_Machine

Man_Machine Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    All I can say is that, if Marciano had faced a 1950s Wilder clone, complete with the same devastating right-hand power, and survived to tell the tale then that would have been worth writing home about.

Seamus and mcvey like this.
  13. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Marciano would be the first guy under 200lbs Wilder faced .
    Wilder would be the first top drawer puncher Marciano ever faced.

14. Gazelle Punch

Aug 15, 2018
    True. Did he lose that status when he lost to Moore in an elimination bout true or false? And whom beat the winner of said follow up? Nino was never champ worthy and you know it. Just trying to take a man down a few pegs when literally every fighter except Ali and Louis can be accused of taking lesser fights here and there. At least Marciano proves himself against real fighters. Ortiz his best win wouldn’t register in Marciano’s top five.

15. Gazelle Punch

Aug 15, 2018
    How many big punchers did Wilder face?

George Crowcroft likes this.