The Charlo Brothers are overrated

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Da pimper, May 2, 2020.

1. Da pimper

Da pimper New Member banned Full Member

May 2, 2020
    Haven’t beaten any one worth a damn and Canelo is supposed to be afraid of them?

resume breakdown
    This content is protected

2. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I dont agree with everything this guy says but I think he is more right than wrong

Little charlo shouldn't even be in the canelo discussion he still at 154. He hasn't unified titles and can fight Rosario to unify, fight hurd or do a trilogy with Harrison. Or move up to 160 and best someone

Big Charlo I think is in the discussion. No I dont think hes being ducked. Canelo fought golovkin twice, kovalev and Jacob's. These are all bigger fights. Charlo hasn't done much at 160. He doesn't have a defining win at the weight and hasn't staked his claim as a big threat to demand the greater interest

I disagree that they only fight bums and arent talented but the video maker clearly has an ax to grind and wants to hammer home a point

Ph33rknot likes this.
  3. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    My opinion of the Charlo's is they are more Kitty Kats Only than Lions only . Anyway Mall needs to rematch Matt Korobov first He kicked Mall's ass

4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Thanks for the update.

Dance84 likes this.
  5. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    They're pretty damn mediocre

George Crowcroft and Smoky Mo like this.
  6. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    I think both guys are damn talented. IMO, it's PBC who is doing the most damage to their careers.

pistal47, Jackomano and KO KIDD like this.
  7. Chicken wing Charlie

Chicken wing Charlie New Member Full Member

May 3, 2020
    Really lackluster careers imo. I would hope they eventually mix it up with the likes of Jacobs, BJS, Andrade, Eubank jr or even Segiy D.

8. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Only on dontaes boxing nation you tube channel.
    Never heard any body else hype & pump them up.

they got talent but they aren’t boogie men like DBN says.

They are still semi unproven prospects with belts. They need a Bigg ggg or Nelo or at least Jacobs fight., BooBoo is out there too.

9. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Sergey is the best there I don't why you had to 'even' him. :deal:

Baneofthegame and Smoky Mo like this.
  10. Smoky Mo

Smoky Mo New Member banned Full Member

May 14, 2020
    It really is bizzare how overrated they are by some people

George Crowcroft likes this.
  11. boxfap

boxfap MasterGardianElite Full Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Yes they are, but so are most prospects and that’s the key here

Both brothers are still just prospects. If we only had 1 belt per division instead of 5+ belts per division neither of them would have got close to a title shot yet. These brothers are still just kids. Look how frightened and childlike big bro behaved when Jacobs walked up to him after big bro was mouthing off

It also doesn’t help that they are US based, pretty much every prospect in the US is treated by the press as though they were world domination in the making

12. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    They still have much to prove.

13. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Good fighters. Made their mark already. Neither of them is going to beat Canelo as it stands.

14. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. PBC is enabling the Charlo brothers to go through the motions and be lazy. The Charlo Brothers had a lot of potential especially Jermall, but he hasn't done a thing in 3 years.

The Real Lance likes this.
  15. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    In their defense, they're overrated for a few reasons - they are very talented and gifted, have spectacularly beat/finished some very game opponents, and the 2 physical/athletic traits that jump out the most to people are speed and power which both brothers are overflowing with.

I'm not a fan their mouths and thought it was funny AF when Danny Jacobs ethered Jermall in person, and it does get a little sickening the way PBC is trying to push them so hard on people, but it's those two factors that turn people off them the most and which in turn makes them dislike them and underrate them drastically as fighters.

Both brothers are VERY solid fighters at this point and could go onto even bigger and better things.

pacas, Jackomano and Chuck Norris like this.