The Classic BN24 Hall of Legends: Rules, Opinions, Link to the HoF polling threads

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by McGrain, Sep 18, 2022.

1. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    If you guys are reading through the Hall of Legends entries as they go up, please take the opportunity to check the quality. You can DM me or message me in here if you see something you think is wrong, a typo, a mistake with a record, anything. Maybe take it upon yourself to check in some detail on the entries of one or two of your favourite fighters. When you find my mistakes, you're not nagging me or undermining me you're helping me. All help is appreciated, let's make the entries as good as we can.

Jel likes this.
  2. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    In the Gomez post, it says he was lineal super bantamweight champion from 1977 to 1981 but he held the title until the end of 1982, his last defense coming against Lupe Pintor in December 1982.

Great write ups, by the way. Enjoying reading them.

McGrain and Rumsfeld like this.
  3. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Thanks Jel.

Jel and Rumsfeld like this.
  4. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Loved the Hagler write-up, Matt. Captured perfectly what made him so great. I always think the first Hamsho fight showed him at his best (even though he probably matched that performance prior and subsequently).

One minor error on the dates - Hagler and Duran fought in 1983, not 1982.

McGrain likes this.