the disrespect of mayweather

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by boxinglover4499, Nov 18, 2019.

1. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Yeah, I had a very similar score. Very close fight, due to Floyd shutting down almost any time Oscar pressured him and opened up.

2. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    good to hear from you. Heading to the FOTW thread to see if I can find my card now!

mrkoolkevin likes this.
  3. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    apparently you are correct and my last view was a draw not a Floyd win...and I am one of Floyd’s few appreciators on this forum!

4. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Most people appreciate Floyd's boxing. They just don't like him.

5. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    I don’t like or dislike him...but the man can box for sure!

6. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    With one of those 70s pens with 4 different colors in 1. On parchment college ruled single spaced cut from a 4 yr old Sequioia tree.
    How do you do it? WITH A
    This content is protected

7. The Morlocks

Nov 21, 2009
    OH YEAH! I FOUND THE COLORS TOO!

8. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I don't know.
    Not rating him as the best ever doesn't equate to disrespect. Maybe to him it does or his most overzealous fans.
    I know he was a great fighter. At 130 lbs he was probably a close to perfect boxer you could ask for. He didn't stay in that divison, as he moved up his power decreased. Hand problems, bigger, stronger opponents.
    He kept his defense tight and he was well managed.
    Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers. I don't think he is one of the greatest Welterweights in the sense that there are numerous dangerous 147lbers I would favor over him. Only a few lightweights.

Bokaj, Blaxx and Jel like this.
  9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I have been called a Floyd hater & a Canelo hater BUT
    I do not HATE any fighter. I just have very little respect for either Floyd or Canelo. If they had EARNED their success by their own blood sweat & tears & hadnt received gift decisions they did not deserve, things might be different.
    Canelo is a proven & "convicted" Peds abuser & Floyd has so many dark clouds hanging over his head, IV gate & hidden supposed failed tests
    Both were & are very talented boxers who may well have made it without the "HELP" but we will never know.
    THAT is why I do not consider either to be an ATG

10. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    I respect his talent and consider him the best defensive fighter I've seen in my time watching boxing. A fantastic talent with total dedication to his craft. His resume is very good and he correct in that nobody ever really solved his style.

I don't like his personality, his arrogance and that he could get away bending terms (coming in overweight, IV etc) on account of his profile and his demanding nature when making fights (anything from catchweights, drug testing standards and what gloves were to be used).

His fanboys are very aggravating also. A classic example is how they trumpet that the De La Hoya fight was a schooling. It wasn't. Take off the blinkers and leave the bias aside and it was a decent and tight fight that Mayweather did enough to win . Both guys fought well. Calling it a schooling is disrespectful to Oscar and is total BS anyway.

Golden_Feather99, Jel and The Senator like this.
  11. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    How's it going, Floyd? Posting on boxing forums now? Has the hate got that bad for you?

Larry Merchant should have kicked your ass.

12. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Here's how I feel about Floyd:
    -tremendous ATG fighter
    -terrible POS person

Both views are fair comment.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  13. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Lol at Gatti, Ortiz and Guerrero
    When did he dominate Del a Hoya?

14. johnmaff36

johnmaff36 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Anyone with a pair of eyes who follows boxing could tell you Floyd was a fine fighter. But this GOAT **** distorts some people view of him and they misinterpret his arrogance with his boxing ability. The man could box, make no mistake about it. The negative points include always having to have the option to move the goalposts when it suited. Good business? Sure, hes not the first to do it. But i feel personally he took that **** to a different level entirely and to the point it detracts from his rating in an ATG sense. I still think hes an ATG by the way, just not up there in the Greb, Robinson, Armstrong heights, but way down the pecking order

Jel, The Morlocks and roughdiamond like this.
  15. The Morlocks

Nov 21, 2009
    I