The elephant in the room, David Hayes veganism.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by james4210, May 7, 2018.

1. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    admire you for actually doing this and being honest that you have a few cheat days ...

Some cracking posts on this thread already.

As for Haye,he lies for a living so i'd not trust the first thing he says..

Accurate likes this.
  2. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Cheers bud, I did go 3-4 years with no meat/fish whatsoever and I didn't find it too difficult. Veganism is hardcore though, I don't really have the time or level of knowledge required to follow the diet properly and be healthy on it.

3. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    did haye claim vegan on his comeback trail? I think it might have been some BS to trick people into thinking that it magically caused his body to recover to 100%.

lepinthehood likes this.
  4. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Being married to a vegan , no she doesn’t box , I found all the comments “interesting “ and very entertaining. With regards to David Haye’s decline in the ring I think it wasn’t so much his diet as lack of sound boxing fundamentals. He was doing ok with Bellew until they started to trade he was square on with hands down , Tony on the other hand far more attention to defence stemming from back to his old amateur club . Haye of course had the benefits of attending a great amateur club and won a silver at the worlds but probably due to his natural athleticism he was able to miss out on developing a skill set which would assist in longevity? Hopefully his 2 fights with Bellew will allow him to retire

jimmyonebomb likes this.
  5. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    His decline is due to several injuries, inactivity and age. Nothing to do with diet or boxing fundamentals.

6. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    yup this, and the fact in both fights he was injured when in the ring. His achilles was goosed from the get go. Sometimes I wonder if people actually watched the fight. Both fights he was fighting on 1 and half legs !!

7. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Haye may have incurred the wrath of the vegan police

This content is protected

8. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    Where Haye is concerned there are a lot of rooms and a lot of elephants

Scissors and lepinthehood like this.
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    ..... and the elephant is standing on his toe.

lepinthehood likes this.
  10. dreadlockno1

dreadlockno1 Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Just watched a interview with Luke Watkins on sky sports. He mentioned both him and Okolie are vegans. War of the vegans on June 6th. Both pretty ripped.

Isnt lewis hamilton a vegan. Does that count as sport for you guys? He is at the very very top.

11. dreadlockno1

dreadlockno1 Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    jimmyonebomb likes this.
  12. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    This content is protected

13. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I don't think veganism is optimal as you have to mess around big time to find the correct spread of amino acids vitamins and minerals.

Personally I just eat mostly fish and meat maybe once or twice per week. The eating of meat daily is pretty unnatural as well I would think. Most of the vitamins and minerals you need from meat is stored in your liver for a bit.

I find it weird when people get so annoyed by vegans though. And go to great lengths to prove them wrong or say well you feed your pet meat or have leather shoes .

Surely eating less meat is just better all around even if you are not Mr prefect. No one' saying a canine should be vegan if it's owner is.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  14. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    He’s had injuries for as long as his career has been going...Hobson fight...commonwealth games as an amateur...then all the more high profile ones...

15. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Have just glossed through this thread but I'll chime in and say that all these vegan athletes in any sport are also supplementing with steroids and other drugs. When the everyday layperson is vegan - especially males - and drug free, you can just tell how weak they are by looking at them. You could snap their twig necks and fragile bones with ease. They have that look in their face and eyes as if they have been weight cutting to make weight for a fight or sport. Unhealthy, weak and fragile looking.

There's a prominent vegan "bodybuilder" on YouTube called VeganGains. He has a muscular physique but then take a look at his toothpick neck and just his overall musculature. It just looks like he is ill. Really I can't take vegans seriously for that reason, but fair play if the reason for being vegan is because of love for animals.

I refuse to believe a fully drug-free vegan can look truly athletic or strong. All of the professional "vegan" athletes are loaded on drugs.

Jim Jeffries likes this.