The elephant in the room, David Hayes veganism.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by james4210, May 7, 2018.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Make no mistake Bradley will have been on some serious drugs throughout his career.

delboy82 likes this.
  2. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Pure speculation, no proof of that whatsoever.

Lets just say for argument sake that he was juicing. Why would he or any elite fighter use PEDs? to optimise their performance right? OK then.. so they take all these drugs and then eat nothing but dominoes pizza right? NO, the diet still has to be on point and they still have to train hard. Also if Timothy Bradley was juicing maybe his opponents were too?

There is no argument, athletes can and do perform at the highest level in numerous sports and on a vegan diet. It's fact, the evidence is there for all to see.

Timothy Bradley
    Serena Williams
    Venus Williams (Williams sisters vegan with occasional lapses when they eat sushi on breaks from training/competition)
    Nick Diaz
    Nate Diaz
    Carl Lewis
    Lewis Hamilton
    Jermaine Defoe and the list goes on..

3. Accurate

May 3, 2018
    Serena Williams

4. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    When you are injecting hormones into your body diet is less important - that's the point I'm making. Eat pizza, chips and burgers while injecting HGH, tren and other steroids and see what happens. You certainly won't look like the every day fatty who lives off that food.

Serena Williams is heavily, heavily doped you do realise that? Are you aware of the Serena Williams drug tester/panic room saga? She's on serious amounts of drugs like all elite female tennis players. Sam Stosur. List is long.

5. Accurate

May 3, 2018
    I know plenty of bodybuilders, and fighters, and most are on PEDs but they ain't eating pizza.

So lets just say you're right, even though there is no proof to support your claims, and all vegan athletes are on PEDs are the non-vegan athletes on PEDs too or is it just the vegans?

6. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Almost all elite athletes will be on drugs regardless of what they eat. Often when they undergo crazy transformations (because of drugs) they’ll say it’s because of new diet, like a vegan diet.

Kell Brook - after he went life and death with Carson Jones suddenly became shredded and way more muscular. And said it was because of diet changes, such as eating steak for breakfast. Classic bull**** for the ignorant average joe to soak up.

Accurate likes this.
  7. Accurate

May 3, 2018
    I think you're probably right, most elite athletes probably are on something.

I'm not here saying a vegan diet will turn you into superman, I'm not even saying a vegan diet is better than a non-vegan diet when it comes to competitive sports. All I'm saying is that it is possible to compete at the highest level on a vegan diet, that's all.

I don't know enough about nutrition and dieting to have a strong opinion on what is the best diet for an athlete. The research I did on veganism was a few years back, and I was researching whether or not a vegan diet would be good for my own personal long-term health and well being (non-athlete)

I was left convinced that for the average person, a vegan diet is the healthiest option.

8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I doubt any of them are vegan, even "dietary" vegan.
    It's just something celebrities say these days.
    Take it with a pinch of salt (no pun).

9. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    She is not a full on vegan..not even close bud sorry. I seen a documentary on her bout 4 years ago Where she was talking about the amount of supplements she needs to take now that she is vegan

10. Accurate

May 3, 2018
    Jermain Defoe

11. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    A boxer being vegan seems like so much extra aggro

12. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    He was never a vegan when at his peak he is now.

I ain't saying u cannot compete at a high level. All I'm saying is there is no proof. And we are talking about a very small percentage of tip level athletes are vegan. If it was true that they would perform better as vegan I'm fairly certain like 90% of all athletes would switch. They just would! No ifs Bo buts, they look for every single little edge they can get.

13. Accurate

May 3, 2018
    Plenty of proof mate and in the future there will be more athletes, and people in general switching to a vegan diet.

Carl Lewis went on a vegan diet in 1990. During his time as a vegan he won 3 Olympic Gold Medals, 1 silver and 2 gold world championship medals and 1 silver and 1 gold at the goodwill games.

Fiona Oakes a vegan since childhood holds 3 world records in marathon running.

14. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    And Carl Lewis was heavy duty juiced too.

15. Accurate

May 3, 2018
    Firstly he tested positive for banned substances in 1988, 2 years before becoming a vegan.

If you do your research you will see that the highest level of stimulants was 6ppm which was a positive test at the time but would now be regarded as a negative test. Hardly heavy duty juice! lol

In any case you don't think his competitors were on anything? No just him right?

Fiona Oakes a vegan since childhood holds 3 world records in marathon running. I'll wait for the excuses.