The end for Frank Warren?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by phil rowe, May 11, 2018.

1. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Very true.

More shows that we can watch, the better ultimately

ipitythefool and Gymbot like this.
  2. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    This really. Us fans (me included) on here tend to talk off track about **** we haven't a clue about behind the scenes. Frank Warren will never go under because of Hearn, never, and from where i'm sitting hes got some proper talent in his stable too. Something I didn't like about Hearn was when he said we only sign people we think will be champion's. I don't like the feel of that, like he would kick you to the kerb rapid time if he needed too, perhaps its business, but coupled with his beady fox eyes I think he s a ****. I think Warrens got more loyalty to him, more old school, you just probably wouldn't get paid lol

Gymbot likes this.
  3. ryuken87

ryuken87 Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2014
    I have found Warren's promotion to be pretty dire the last few years but as of now he is in a decent spot. He has a solid stable of fighters and with the Frampton show the other month there was genuine improvement on his previous offerings (although it was hard not to improve). With the upcoming shows like Selby/Warrington and Saunders/Murray there is plenty of cause for optimism. It is the US promoters that need to be more worried.

4. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    He didn't want Fury who asked for 6 gimme fights and a guarantee of AJ. That fury is no benefit to matchroom

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Pull your head out of Hearn’s arse for a second and get to grips with reality. He desperately tried to sign Fury. On the record as saying he wanted Fury, Saunders and Frampton.

Like I said he was outbid for Fury.

Unforgiven likes this.
  6. phil rowe

phil rowe Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2018
    tru but im sure hearn could have bidded the money they wanted he just didnt want to pay that money for meaningless fights, fury has said himself he has cost frank and bt a fortune,

7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Hearn's obviously talking rubbish about Fury.

Hearn just sold you Khan v LoGreco and you think he turned down Fury because he wouldn't match him with easy opponents ?
    GTFOH

8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    There is room for two. As fans it’s better for all of us. Eddies deal sounds fantastic but Frank has just signed a big deal on our shores and signing talents like Willy Hutchinson will do him no harm.

British boxing is winning at the minute and there are no losers. Them two head to head can only mean better shows and cheaper prices for us fans.

BluenoseBxingFan likes this.
  9. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Warren has a decent enough stable and platform to exist, not compete but still do well in his own right. He would have been finished had he not signed the BT deal, but fortunately for him he did.

Scissors likes this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Why wouldn't he?

There is a myth that Tyson Fury is a draw. His far from that and matching against Eastern European taxi drivers isn't attractive to anyone. Certainly not worth the money fury wants.

Blah, Scissors and DON1 like this.
  11. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Totally agree. Until he can get himself in shape and then get in their with the big boys he is irrelevant until then

Scissors likes this.
  12. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    If you’ve watched the news lately you’ll see BT hasn’t got money to throw away at the moment so definitely not putting huge money in Boxing especially when they have a hole to fill with the money they need for football.

13. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Frank is doing just fine. Good stable and deal with BT. Boxing is booming in UK and there's room for 2 top promoters. I don't see much future though for big Mick Hennesy or Kelly Maloney (if she is indeed still promoting).

Unforgiven and Scissors like this.
  14. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Come on mate, you think edwina's over hyped streaming deal is going to stop our fwank? 5 shots couldn't stop him, he took it and smiled.

lol. but the fanboyism over matchroom is a bit absurd. it's better for the public if fwank does good so that there is good competition. Once 1 promoter gains a monopoly that's when they realise they can serve up pure dross as they're the only show in town.

15. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Frank Warren was more than happy when he was controlling everything with no competition.