the Eubanks deserve credit

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by box_uk_analyst, Dec 24, 2016.

1. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Name one fighter that doesn't do it for the money...

2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    We are meant to believe that padding your record against 9-1 bums in your 25th fight is all about the love man, all about the sport.

None of the fans want to see that. They would have far rather you faced Langford or a live body. And you would have made more money from it.

Even if ITV is stupid and paying you a flat fee, it's not good for you or the sport to have garbage on PPV.

mcvey likes this.
  3. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    That's the thing with Eubank. It's always the fight after this one...It never happens.

He actually had a bit of momentum after the Spike fight and instead took the roundabout way and that went tits up.

He's ready for world level but needs to actually test himself.

Hopefully once the PPV tanks (which it will) it may change ITVs opinion. Fight someone live and people will tune in

mcvey and Brixton Bomber like this.
  4. John-tha-dunce

John-tha-dunce Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2016
    Any word how much they will be charging for this garbage? I won't be buying whatever the price is just interested. If it is only a couple of quid, then that says it all really anyway imo

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  5. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    For what I've seen from them up till now their biggest fight option went up in smoke due to stupid demands fed by greed from father and son, and Jr lost the biggest fight he was in. Close but still.

Now it looks like greed makes a total mismatch against a nobody coming of one of the biggest upsets in the year (due to his name opponent being shot to sh_t) turn up on PPV!
    And they need credit for that?! How exactly?!
    Maybe credit for being able to pull this stunt as you'd give a con artist credit for taking millions of a stupid rich guy's hands.

mcvey likes this.
  6. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Oh please get real!!!!

7. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    100% correct

8. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I like how team Eubank never talk about the BJS fight.

9. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Yeah cos 3 x 400k is 1.2 mil. That's more buys than Hatton ever got........nope

10. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Why would Al Haymon need to be involved to put on big fights involving British fighters? Eubank v BJS/Groves/Degale = nothing to do with AH.

He also would be needed or would be able to get involved with Eubank V GGG.

Al Haymon is struggling to keep his PBC thing going in the states- he will never do anything over here there is no market for him

11. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    He saw five Golovkins

12. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I for one won't be buying the PPV and it will be soul destroying seeing the b*llocks that will be spouted on the ITV adverts in the build up trying to generate interest in the fight.

For me, the only way I can get my ahead around it is that ITV are testing there PPV platform with this "event" and going forward, better fights will be delivered. If that isn't the case, then I have absolutely no idea as to what there thinking because it simply won't work.

13. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I would far prefer to fund the wealth of the Eubanks a fighting family than two glorified car salesman in Hearnz and cod head.

Those two would sell their grannies for a pound.

Obviously I won't be paying for this joke of a fight but if they ever get a decent opponent I would gladly step outside this ridiculous monopoly these sleezy fcukers are selling us.

I also despise it when the promoters talk about fighters in a negative vein. Fuk up and promote. Dont talk down on someone that does something you could never do. I love the fact that snr has rustled their jimmies. Who the fuxk do they think they are a

Bulldog24 likes this.
  14. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Brook vs GGG was a great fight, edge of your seat action and well worth the PPV money.

mrdoctor likes this.
  15. Aces

Aces Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Will be buying just to support a platform that brings competition to the PPV market, would be great to see Eubank Snr lead the way for other fighters to control their own destiny and cut out the middle men promoters. I'm sure Jnr's billionaire friends out in Dubai won't have a problem fronting the purse for a big name down the line should he keep winning.