The Eubanks will seriously damage British boxing if this PPV sells

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah I've seen both the Eddie Hearn IFL interview and the Louis Theroux show. The fee thing is utterly ridiculous and shows just how greedy he really is.

The C5 show at Home With The Eubanks also showed him in a not particularly favourable light.

jmashyaka likes this.
  2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Exactly my thoughts. Hopefully the PPV bombs and they have to take the sensible route

jmashyaka likes this.
  3. FartWristedBum

FartWristedBum I walk this Earth like a bum Full Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I heartily congratulate Team Eubank (ahem) for being innovative, provocative and basically putting the cat amongst the pigeons. I like Hayes's efforts similarly.
    Some of the posters here sound so b1tchy!
    Of course people want to maximise their earnings! Jeez, all the people involved are so voluntarily.
    1st world problems....

Camaris likes this.
  4. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    You've Gotta be off your head to buy this joke of a ppv

5. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Can you explain why? Or are you just parroting things you've seen others type.

I spend money on all sorts of pointless things. Even a whole ten pounds. Why is everyone pretending it is point-blank lunacy, sheer madness, to spend a few quid on watching something. It's about 3 coffees, or less than a pizza. Can we please get real.

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    If you have plenty of disposal income that you can go and buy pointless things...coffees and pizzas etc then that's fair enough, a tenner'a not much.

What if you're just getting by and money's tight & you have commitments like bills and kids? Suddenly a tenner is a lot to spend on a one sided boxing match on telly.

The value of a tenner is relative to the person who's got it.

jmashyaka likes this.
  7. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    No way am I buying this shyte.

8. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I clearly said I like what there doing by taking on the promoters, just don't agree with how they're going about it (btw this only applies if that was directed to me).

9. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    You can criticise the card but ITV entering the race is the best thing since Boxnation or Sky Box Office..

The future has landed..

10. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    If you are in that situation I don't think you should spend the money on boxing regardlees of how good the match up is.

Do you have to have sky to buy a sky ppv? If you do cancel the sky subs while your at it. Food and essentials is more important!!!

For those with more coin it ain't that bad a price, its actually good value to be fair!!!!

11. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    You could say that Channel 5 already did this for them.

12. Camaris

Jul 11, 2012
    No cash? Then don't buy it obviously.

That's not the same as squawking away like it's the biggest deal in the world that there is a sporting event charging ten whole pounds. Or is it.

13. Camaris

Jul 11, 2012
    I'm starting to get more excited now - excellent card, casuals are getting involved, crossover event etc. This could be the start of something huge..

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Agreed. I guess that's the society we live in today. Twenty years ago+, you could watch major events on terrestrial tv. Now it's just for the people with money.

I'm from a working class background but I'm doing well for myself now. I still understand the value of money though, and this, along with a 'some' of matchrooms events, is a rip off.

jmashyaka likes this.
  15. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    With Channel 5 it was an unfortunate situation coz of the Blackwell injury, really bad luck for everyone involved. What makes it worse the next channel 5 fight with Groves vs Gutnekcht ended up in the same way, really awful luck and poor work from the referee and corners.