The evolution of Anthony Joshua

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Gazanta87

Gazanta87 Member Full Member

May 18, 2019
    I'm no expert with physio stuff but sounds a bit of a strange comment to me. I think the concussion point may be a valid one. I'm wondering if AJ's Dad was worried about him before the fight and that's why he went for Eddie when the fight was over.

Jamzy ⭐ and Twentyman like this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    If that is even remotely true he’d go after Rob McCracken who is responsible for pulling AJ out of fights. There’s no point speculating about what he was saying to Hearn until someone reveals what happened.

3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    It’s a possibility. If there is a concussion involved beforehand in sparring or from Ruiz’s shots, Joshua will need some time out imo. He does not want to be jumping back in with Ruiz so soon afterwards.

Gazanta87 likes this.
  4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    If AJ takes a break, what are the stipulations on Ruiz regarding defending his belt? It's mad to think we could see Ruiz v Wilder or Fury in 2020 for undisputed.

im sparticus and Twentyman like this.
  5. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Imagine if Ruiz pulls out of the rematch and takes 2 years out to go on a drugs binge, then comes back to fight bums claiming he’s the real champion.

6. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    AJ is providing great entertainment and I hope he comes back strong.

But he was Price like in there yesterday. I haven't been able to see a replay but I'm sure one of the knockdowns (I believe the 2nd) was from a jab. Also he did the patented Pricey stiff back turn a few times when he was hurt.

7. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    If that happens it's over. Ruiz is just enjoying his Buster Douglas moment, Wilder would ice him, Fury would outbox him. Don't get me wrong, he's not rubbish but he's not what some people are saying he is either. Wilder or Fury would deal with him and that would start two to three years of utter s**tness in the Heavyweight division, Fury and Wilder would become three fights every two years types and then retire, undefeated, with all the belts, avoiding AJ in the process.

im sparticus likes this.