The Fab Four

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Bluenose, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Bluenose

Bluenose Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Ever since I was a a young lad my old man has continually informed me about his favourite era in boxing and showed me tape after tape of the group he refers to as the fab four (Hagler, Leonard, Duran & Hearns).

I would like to know whom you regard to be the best pound for pound out of the four, what the greatest fight among any of them was, and your fondest memories please.

2. teeto

teeto Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2007
    Duran was the greatest of them in their respective primes, although he had the least wins against the other members of this group, he was by then not at his best. You could possibly make the argument for Hagler, maybe, maybe Leonard, but i dont see it personaly!!

The best fight still, is Hagler-Hearns, but the first Duran-Leonard bout is absolutelly awe-inspiring from Duran, and Leonard's comeback against Hearns was the shiit also!! And then theres the Herans-Duran ko!!!!

3. My dinner with Conteh

My dinner with Conteh Tending Bepi Ros' grave again Full Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Best pfp: Duran
    Best fight: Hagler-Hearns
    Fondest Memory: Tommy sparking Duran

4. Holmes' Jab

Holmes' Jab Master Jabber Full Member

Nov 20, 2006

I've got Leonard as the best fighter overall. Agree with your points 2 & 3, though (despite not being around at the time to see Hearns destroying Duran). :good

5. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    For me, it has to be Duran.

Fondest memory: Seeing Tommy exact revenge (almost at least) in his second fight with Leonard. He wanted that one so badly, and it showed.

6. enquirer

enquirer Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Duran.
    leonard duran.
    Hagler hearns.