The Genius of Prize Fighting: PRETTY BOY FLOYD 'MONEY' MAYWEATHER

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boon, Jan 12, 2022.

1. turbotime

turbotime Hall Of Famer Full Member

May 4, 2012
    Watching him beat Hatton up in a room full of Brits was actually hilarious.

2. turbotime

May 4, 2012
    Friends and my family always tuned in to watch Floyd.

3. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    You can always learn to speak spanish if you are so interested in what canelo has to say. :nusenuse:

4. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    I'm not biting on this, but do what you've got to do, man. :lol:

5. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Yeah whatever lie to yourself if must but his figures don’t lie. People tuned in to watch him fight which is why he is known as the PPV King.

6. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    The figures don’t lie nor does the bottomline.

7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    No doubt Mayweather did very well to build himself into the biggest draw in boxing eclipsing the other cash cows in his own era.

Yes he was lucky that he was in an era with plenty of big names like De La Hoya, Pac and Hatton to help build his following but fact is he still had to put the work in and still had to make those fights and win those fights and it's all the more impressive he did it all without a particularly fan friendly style.

Many fighters since have tried to duplicate what he did to varying levels of success but none have gotten close to becoming THE big name like Mayweather did or generate the kind of money he did even though there is probably more money now in boxing than before with DAZN, PBC, ESPN, Fox and Showtime all battling it out for market dominance. Broner is the most obvious example but he never had the ability, Wilder is another who successfully turned himself into one of the most divisive boxers in the sport and grew following. Mayweather set a clear example, if you can't be the hero then be the villain because it's better to be notorious or infamous than ignored.

It's actually kind of sad seeing all this new boxers try and copy him and fail. There was only one Ali, one Tyson and one Mayweather, boxers trying to copy him will always come off looking like a cheap copy.

8. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    What Mayweather & his paid protector cortez got away with in that fight was outrageous. Floyd ducks through the ropes which is a foul . hatton throws a punch which clearly hits the top rope cortez docks a point from hatton for a rabbit punch . unbelievable !! to be honest it was criminal

9. turbotime

May 4, 2012
    What did losing a point do really? He still got knocked into a turnbuckle :lol:

10. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    cortez was there to make sure hatton had no chance HE DID JUST THAT!! I WONDER HOW MANY TIMES Cortez yelled STOP!! Every time Hatton threatened Floyd lol At leastyour honest that the turnbuckle KO'd Hatton Not Floyd he just steered him into it

11. turbotime

May 4, 2012
    Hatton rabbitpunched Floyd all fight. He's lucky he didn't lose more points. He was trying to bodyslam him all fight lol

12. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Did you ever really see that fight ? I doubt it from the garbage you're spouting.

13. turbotime

May 4, 2012
    I watched it live. Ricky was the one cheating. Why not push out? That fat ***** was 20 lbs heavier

Im sure you thought the Tszyu fight with Hatton being a cheating fcuk was all Tszyu's fault too

AdamT likes this.
  14. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Hatton wanted to FIGHT !! LIKE MEN Floyd wanted to ballet dance & run & let the judges give him the win. which I'm sure he knew they would

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  15. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    when you really look at the way boxing has declined over the last few years , you need look no further than Floyd, the NSAC & Vegas corruption . It was blatant no one expected anything more than a Floyd win regardless how the fight played out. Since Floyd retired & started his act impersonating wolfman 'fighting'
    personalities, little Japanese kick boxers etc in his farces the mantle fell on to Canelo to carry on the corruption along wih the others. I
    Its sad but no one expects to see a fair fight any more. its WWE NOW