the gerry penalosa appreciation thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by theunderdog, Aug 11, 2007.

1. theunderdog

theunderdog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2006
    gerry will go down as one of the top4 fighters from the philippines. that body punch was amazing. but what i liked more was that he never abandoned his game plan, he chased johnny and was getting hit by good punches from the champ but he countinued stalking.

gerry never tasted the canvass in his whole career. he is just a great tactician. the best technical filipino fighter ever. however, i hope this is the end of the line for him. jordan coiuld have retired a champ but he chose to come back, now gerry has the chance to retire as a champ. i wish he does.

great job gerry. the judges can't take anything away from you now. there is no fighter out there more deserving than gerry IMO. mad props champ. and thank for winning me some cash and vcash!:good

2. Raden

Raden Southpaw Full Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Gerry is the best Filipino fighter for me ever since... He has a very nice character though...he is very careful with himself on and off the ring..

3. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    He's a very hard worker and he has fought along time to get back to the top. Congrats Gerry - you deserve it.

4. Boom_Boom

Boom_Boom R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12 Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    lol i know who this is :hey

why do you keep getting banned

5. ko factor

ko factor Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
  6. Morrissey

Morrissey Underrated Full Member

Jun 24, 2006
    I would say he ranks there with Luisito Espinosa as one of the most skilled Filipino boxers ever post-Elorde period.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  7. Chert

Chert Ringside Potato Full Member

Feb 14, 2006
    yep. after this caper pac has pulled recently. i now admire gerry more than pac.

8. Morrissey

Morrissey Underrated Full Member

Jun 24, 2006
    And now PAc being primadonna in his fight with MAB, you have to admire more Penalosa.

9. puga_ni_nana

puga_ni_nana Dempsey Roll Full Member

Apr 14, 2007

:good

but about retirement, if he will not find another job like being a trainer (like luisito espinosa) we could see him again defending his belt.

10. Raden

Raden Southpaw Full Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Me?? getting banned? I don't know what you are talking....

11. Ared

Ared Active Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MABUHAY GERRY PENALOSA! My whole house shook because every one was jumping around after that beautiful shot!

12. Spitfire7

Spitfire7 Gadfly Full Member

May 18, 2007
    No one is more deserving of any championship belt than Geronimo "Gerry" P. Decent guy through and through...

13. pejevan

pejevan inmate No. 1363917 Full Member

May 24, 2006
  14. hellblazer

hellblazer All-Time Greatâ„¢ Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    is Gerry retiring after this victory?

15. PacDbest

PacDbest Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2006
    Pedro fernandez says Gerry wants rematch with Ponce only or He will retire. Gerry is a Warrior, Totally fearless!!!