The Ghost of GGG

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GotchaHat, Oct 8, 2021.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    You probably use your own made up scoring criteria right?

I use the 10 pt must. Do you know what that is?

Counting punches is not a scoring system

2. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I used a criteria where power punches were worth way more than jabs just to make it more favorable towards Canelo. What I ended up discovering is that GGG landed more power punches than Canelo in the 2nd fight. If you have free time I do beg you to watch the fight at half speed (it'll only take 1 hr) and you'll see how many punches GGG blocked or parried. Everyone was going on about Canelo's amazing body work in the 2nd fight, he landed about 12 body shots all fight, rest were blocked but looked like they landed in real time.

Using normal scoring I still had GGG in the range of 117-111 to 114-114

MannyMMA likes this.
  3. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    not following you? Are you talking Andre ward? he moved up early 2007?

MannyMMA likes this.
  4. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Canelo NEVER whipped GGG GGG kicked his cowardly Ginger ass TWICE. Canelo knows it & it makes him mad that fight fans say Ginger:pipiGGG any day

xnico, MannyMMA and mirkofilipovic like this.
  5. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006

6. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    No they'll say Remember that time Ginger Clenelo cowardly handed back his WBC belt because he was afraid to defend it against GGG Even his own Mexican fans disowned him & named him El Pollo Rojo

7. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    ROFLMAO Thats all you can say about this ludicrous post from the forum clown

8. surfinghb

Aug 26, 2017
    ya they are in 2 different weight divisions . .you are posting like its a knock on him that GGG didnt go up to fight him .. Hell Spinks wanted Hagler to go up and fight him also .. So much so that he weighed in at 170.5 in a fight to try and entice him up .. Hagler wasnt interested , no knock on Hagler .. Bigger fighters always want the smaller champs to go up .. Sure there is talk , and **** talk, and all that , Catchweights etc, 164 might have been theirs, but GGG was a MW and he didnt go up ,, no big deal , either did Hagler or Monzon.. and the reality is there is not much of a window for these fights to happen where all parties agree . and they get signed ... one day it might make sense , the next day it doesn't

9. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    Kind of funny to see a boxing thread in the lounge.

That said GGG hasn’t been in any high profile fights since Canelo. He will probably retire soon.

surfinghb likes this.
  10. surfinghb

Aug 26, 2017
    ha ! right ! thats why i left Classic so I didnt have to talk boxing anymore, it gets boring , same ol **** there.. there is way more action here in the Lounge

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  11. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I score defense, clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship.
    I honestly don't need to slow down the fight. It doesn't show the true impact of the punches.

I don't count punches either. I score each round individually and I look to see who has better defense, cleaner punches, more effective aggression and controlling the flow of the fight.

Both fighters did well, Canelo was just better in every department.

shadow111 and HellSpawn86 like this.
  12. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    I know this thread is polluting the lounge. :sisi1

13. surfinghb

Aug 26, 2017
    You are probably right . .Hurry @CST80 @Serge @kirk ... maybe move to General? before we all start bashing each other more .. RUN !!
    Im out

HellSpawn86, CST80 and mirkofilipovic like this.
  14. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Compubox had Canelo landing 27 more power punches. I'm guessing that you counted anything that GGG even partially blocked as fully blocked and counted anything that Canelo partially blocked or partially slipped as landed by GGG. It's possible to go into it counting certain borderline punches for one fighter but not for another.
    Compubox had Canelo landing 46 body shots. Probably you counted the ones GGG got an elbow onto but still mostly landed as fully blocked. In real-time, even if a glove partially hits elbow, if most of the glove lands on to the body it's typically counted as a hit.

15. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    You're pissin in the wind CJ. Why would Canelo be mad? He already beat GGG and left him in the dust.