THE GORILLA

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, May 5, 2018.

1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Exactly...I was just about to post that why the fork isn't there a massive outcry for a rematch! If ever a guy deserved a rematch it's John Ryder. Can anyone suggest anything that can be done to "encourage" team Smith to do the right thing here. Ryder deserves a rematch.

tdf1974 and Jurgen like this.
  2. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Only 1 man can win the rematch lets be honest len so what's the point?Truthfully.

3. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Good post but I have to disagree with the bit I underlined, 20. Bit of melodrama there I feel. Ryder did not suffer any great distress in the fight ...he was quite comfortable throughout actually..apart from a poor, slow start anyway. He was virtually unmarked .Of the two , if anything I feel Smith is the one you should be concerned about. He tired badly, and didn't cope with pressure well at all. The blueprint is there alright , but not now to beat Ryder, rather his to beat Smith. I really feel you totally overrate Smith. He never was all that. If the reward for "beating" Ryder is a canelo fight then it will be karma. Canelo folds him like a lawn chair.

4. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    What's the point in any fight so?...we might as well give up altogether using that reasoning...

5. Bridie mcmahon

Sep 10, 2015
    I'm talking about a rematch in this fight particularly.ryder will never ever get a decision and this fight proved it for me.Not going to speak for anyone else but I've no interest in watching a fight only one man can win.

6. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Yes, there was shades of Price in the Tony Thompson fight there. It must be a technique they teach in the rotunda gym down there in Liverpool; if you are exhausted then lie on the ropes facing away from the ring.
    Expect to see more of this method used over in Arabia when Joshua implements it as he gasses in the humidity when Ruiz brings the heat on him.

The decision was blatant corruption on show. How many more times will these mismatchroom judges be allowed to get away with this. Its the same ones brought back in regardless of previous scandals.

Jurgen likes this.
  7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I’m on about a number of factors, Len. It’s the 12 week camp, the sacrifices, the emotional investment both in the build up and the actual fight. Ryder won the fight but he did take some shots. So all these things I mention above alongside his age and the fact it goes down as a defeat will take a part of him away as a fighter.

Likewise, that added serious mileage to Callum but he has age on his side and the fact he can step up in weight. He has somewhere to go, a bigger fight on the way....Ryder can look forward to a couple of years of fighting bigger men to get himself back into a mandatory position. This all takes something away from a fighter.

EJC83, kojak, tdf1974 and 1 other person like this.
  8. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Also the fact Twentyman he loses out financially massively.

If he was champion now, he'd be in line for huge paydays.

The 'loss' literally has cost him likely millions of pounds.

Smith has gone down in my estimation on a personal basis. The lack of respect shown to Ryder afterwards by him was shocking to be honest.

9. Bridie mcmahon

Sep 10, 2015
    There hasn't been a gorilla treated this harshly since Harambe.

EJC83, kojak and Twentyman like this.
  10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Exactly, that was a biggie I forgot. I assume he’s got a partner and possibly kids...they’re all a part of it too and are invested in it.

11. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Twentyman kojak etc ....every time this schizzle happens in a British ring is an attack on all of us. Every time they do this and get away with it emboldens em to try it again...and again...
    Is there no end to the corruption?
    Will there ever be s place called "stop"?

Twentyman and tdf1974 like this.
  12. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    To be honest Len Ryder is probably the most jobbed British fighter currently when fighting other British fighters.

Beat Arnfield clearly - robbed.
    Beat fielding - robbed.
    Beat Smith - robbed.

The only actual fight the scorecards were good was against BJS!

lencoreastside, Twentyman and tdf1974 like this.
  13. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    i heard a Smith interview before the fight saying he can make 168 easily and wants to clear up at that weight...

im expecting now the news he is moving up to 175

lencoreastside, Twentyman and kojak like this.
  14. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    they used to say you needed a ko in Germany/Italy etc just to get a draw....the UK is way way worse than anywhere else in the World

lencoreastside, Twentyman and kojak like this.
  15. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    It’s THE worst place I know of. :(