The huge task facing Errol Spence

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pne buz, May 24, 2017.

1. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I get you but
    Brook is champ
    Brook is also unbeaten at ww
    Home turf / crowd
    More refined IMO
    I just don't get it

2. dannyc1990

dannyc1990 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2013
    No they didn't lose a purse bid, they agreed before a purse bid was called but spences team agreed to the deal because they knew they would lose the purse bid anyway so may aswell settle for a slightly better deal and hearn will of agreed before a purse bid so he is promoting the event. If it goes to a purse bid anyone can bid and you never know who may turn up with a silly bid... But yes he had no real choice I do give him credit though, he could of easily gone another route and said he didn't want to wait around for brook.

Robney likes this.
  3. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Both men have a huge task in front of them.

Real juicy fight this, 50/50.

Odins beard likes this.
  4. dannyc1990

Apr 25, 2013
    I know i agree I think without the golovkin fight brook would of been the favourite.

5. dannyc1990

Apr 25, 2013
    We'l see how cool he is with the british crowd there, when he's in

You need to watch more of brook except the porter fight lol. It's such a myth he's just a '1 2' kinda guy, he has a great offence and throws a variety of shots... spence also hits gus wit 3's and 4's because they stand on the ropes with there hands up and let him tee off. Brook won't allow him to do that. If brook keeps this fight in the centre of the ring iv seen nothing from spence at range that makes me think he can win.

matt007 likes this.
  6. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Great fight, two outstanding fighters, but fight will be won with the fact Spence always goes back in straight lines and will struggle with that as Brook has world class timing and solid one twos and will win a very hard fight.

7. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Spence for me I think Kel will just look for the big punch all night and a tear up but he will get completely out boxed in my opinion

8. Mc2

Mc2 Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Fair points mate particularly the letting spence tee off on them. I still think brook is tight at the weight...has beenn for a while. I m not sure he,ll have the output to be able to keep spence off. What people are forgetting is brooks last fight was 2 weights up. His output wasnt a problem. Take that weight off and see if he can keep that sort of output up. The brook that went in the ring against spence possibly beats him...the one that turns up on saturday i m not so sure about. Rooting for him tho. A lot of great fights to be made if he can get past spence.

Be interesting to see how spence deals with the crowd especially if brook makes a good start...which i think he will. But the kid looks pretty mentally strong so far anyway. But we,ve seen them fall apart before. Still cant see passed a spence stoppage.

9. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Are you serious? completely outboxes? you need to look closely at brook. I think it will simply come down to can brook keep spence in the middle of the ring, deter spence from getting his punches off and get to the body

10. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Totally agree Brook is an outstanding all rounder and there is no welterweight who can completely out box him in the world

11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I'm a supporter of Kell Brook and I really hope he does the job on Saturday night. I really hope I'm wrong but I feel Spence Jn is going to wear him down with with those thudding shots, the lad is very heavy handed. He's very composed, very patient and doesn't rush in for that big shot, he's happy to chip away. Kell has come back down and I worry that he might be too boiled down at this stage of his career. Saying that, Spence has never done 12 rounds so we don't know what he'll be like if Kell took him into those waters.

Can't wait. Come on Kell!!!

12. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Spence looked very heavy handed in the public workout session. Not sure how much to read into that but the lad seems to carry natural power in his shots.

13. matt007

matt007 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Spence looks drawn from today's public workout and interview with sky after. Bellew were saying Spence look bigger than brooks 8-9weeks ago at the press conference and that his face look drawn today from cutting weight. Spence himself admits its hard for him to cut weight too. Even itself out with the weight for both of them.

WAR KELL!!!

14. dannyc1990

Apr 25, 2013
    Yeah i was watching some of spences fights and was wondering how he'l handle a fired up loud crowd which will be driving brook on to set a high pace. In all his fights its silence in america and he can set his own slow pace.. if he doesnt settle he may get put on the backfoot and he may get uncomfortable

15. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    In America they are giving Brook zero chance against Spence. They are saying that Spence is the greatest welterweight in boxing history! He punches much harder than Golovkin, has a rock chin, can't be hit with a punch, is faster than Ray Leonard that he is a total monster...................however, I do not feel he has the experience to be that good..................Spence is a 2 - 1 favorite............it is supposed to be a total mismatch, Spence by 1st or second round knockout................for some reason I feel that Brook might win this fight, it's a gut feeling, but I will be picking against all the experts........................wonder if anyone in the UK is picking Brook to have a chance?