The kiss of Death: Hearns declares Conor Benn the next PPV star

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by NasalSpray, Apr 5, 2021.

1. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012

Dont kid yourself on fella...boxing was struggling from way before hearn started his jaunt into boxing.

Living in dreamland to think otherwise
    ...look at the scedule.

Aveyasan v kelley. The end of febuary.
    Warrington v lara the week before.
    Whyte v povetkin last week
    Benn v vargas next week
    Chisora v parker soon.
    Canelo v saunders not long after.
    Andrade v williams.

In a pandemic.

Joshua v fury on the cards.

Then all the undercards. British boxings never been so busy.

Look at what warren and mick are serving up. Absolute tripe in comparison. You pay for the privelage but the alternative is bleak.

That wont be done without that ppv money. People can kid themselves on if they want...but the reality is it wouldnt be happening without that ppv money. I know that because no other promoters putting it on consistantly. Plus we,ve watched whole careers like luis ortiz and pulev....of guys fighting mostly no marks waiting on big fights that came for ortiz at 40 years old. Whytes fought more contenders in the last 3 years than about 5 of them have in a whole career.

All you,ll do is go back to that. Wbo title runs against no hopers. That went on for years.

It all sounds good...i,ve made the same argument myself over the years but the reality is....boxing would just go backwards without that ppv money. Why would it not. That money funds a lot of different tjings outside of whyte or eddies back pocket.

2. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Give it a rest. You've made little sense this far, and I'm not going to spend ridiculous amounts of time wading through paragraphs of ill-considered, obtuse argument. "Poor cameras", indeed.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  3. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012
    Just had a quick look at your posting history fella. Nearly every single post you make is negative. Never came across one positive post. Just come on here to moan.

Must be a hoot at partys.

4. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    Eh? This will be my 2,864th post. Most of the 2,863 which preceded it have concerned the sport or business of boxing, a human bloodsport synonymous with corruption, whose history is littered with the sticky ends which have befallen many of its paid practitioners (including some of those who earned millions from it). It inspired [url]this book[/url]. Despite that, I've still managed to submit more than my share of complimentary, praiseful missives on these pages.

Are you one of those people who only watches 'happy' movies or doesn't follow current affairs in case it makes them feel less chirpy?

Here's a pro tip for the day—happiness and satisfaction are two different states, and I aspire to the latter in my life's endeavors.

The scrapbooking forum is [url]this way[/url]...

5. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012
    Seriously fella....almost every post is just criticism. Why do you even bother watching boxing nowadays. All i could see was negative post after negative post.

I dont get why people continue to follow it just to moan about it. Surely any one with sense...would just stop watching it. Simple. Its not how i like it...its all crap nowadays. But i,ll still watch it...and say how bad it is constantly tho.

Is it really about aspiring for satisfaction or is it just a case of it makes you feel good about yourself to deride everything.

Lets hear what positives you,ve got about boxing? What boxers do you like and why. Give us something fella.

6. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    Don't question the program, boys. Just pony up (only a twentieth of the cost of one of those garish, ill-fitting Gucci polos Conor Benn will be buying with his share of your contributions!), dig into the feces feast and grin like it's a big bowl of scrumptious ravioli di vitello.

Cor blimey, apples and pears, I can't wait 'til the birds get their own PPV. Courtenay-Bridges showed us all—anything the men can do, the girls can do just as well, or even better!

Viva Matchroom!

I hope that soothes some nerves.

7. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    This content is protected

CONSUME.

STAY ASLEEP.

CONFORM.

OBEY.

BUY.

[url]https://ibb.co/QKj6Y8j[/url] :lupie:

N17 likes this.
  8. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012
    Brilliant more negativity. Mr i hate everything. Look everyone eddies a bandit...lets boycott him.

When that happens the next guy wont be good enough...then the next guy. The fighters will all be bad and i,ll tell them that every chance i get.

Because deep down its a power trip.

This isnt about eddie hearn is it...or improving boxing? This is about making yourself feel important hiding it behind these things.

Framptons just b level. Whyte and chisora useless etc. Yeah cause your a world champion.

But if i m talking about how bad they are it makes me feel better about myself.

9. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    Christ, we get dreadful psychoanalysis from this guy, too, in addition to a poor grasp on economic reality as it pertains to the sport/business of boxing. Keep going, champ. :lol:

10. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012
    Must have hit a nerve tho fella. Cause you answered it.

Didnt answer the question about what boxers you liked and why.

Gave me an eddie hearn monologue and some videos.

But you had an answer for that tho. Tells you something.

11. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    I have this habit of poking fun at asinine commentary.

I've been skimming every post you've pushed my way since the immortal words, "All you,ll do with your boycott is put boxing back to where it was." (Posted in a thread full of boxing fans expressing their wish that boxing would go back to where it was, no less.) You'll have to excuse me if I missed an earnest request.

With that said, why would I perform a dance to justify myself or my presence to you? If you were genuinely interested to know which fighters I enjoy and why, you'd take a more extensive (less selective) dive into my posting history instead of demanding that I throw together some juvenile listicle for your benefit. And that's not a request on my part, Chirpy. I'm quite happy for you to go on assuming that I have nothing approving to say about anything ever. :lol:

12. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    LOL.

13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Joshua is 31 years old now and might well lose to Fury and retire this year.
    Conor Benn is 24 years old and if Eddie can get him on the PPV wagon now, they can ride it for several years until the wheels fall off.

14. Peterp

Peterp Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2006
    Remember PPV star means people want to see them fight NOT they are the best fighter or prospect etc

The upcoming Ben Askren v Jake Paul fight will probably make more money than any Joe Calzaghe fight ever did

Nuff said