The knock down did Loma more good than harm

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by the factor, May 17, 2018.

1. highlander

highlander Active Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2017
    completely agree with the OP. most managers and trainers secretly want their fighter to get tagged hard, early in their career. it shows what their fighter is made of. are they physically and mentally tough enough? do they have the heart and fortitude to reach down deep?
    was a great fight for both fighters. both showed smarts and heart. linares still is a force. loma will improve even more!

the factor likes this.
  2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    lol@ at getting knocked down being a good thing when it happens to Loma. :jaja-no:

The Pacturds never even went that far. :loel:

3. Hit The Road Jack

Hit The Road Jack Member banned Full Member

May 9, 2018
    Why post this? what relevance does this have lol?! you are seriously clutching at straws if you think Loma getting dropped equates to some sort of victory in your mentally ill mind.

All that done was proved he was human.
    The facts are that the very next round Lomachenko was back on top and a couple of rounds later he knocked him out. It just showed another page to Loma's book that he can come back from a knockdown :)
    You have had an even bigger meltdown after a Loma fight than The Akbar One, I didn't even think that was possible :lol:

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    the factor and deyell like this.
  4. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    I'm just happy the current p4p No1 is a boxer who is happy to trade, even when faced by a clearly bigger man. Box like that and you're gonna get clipped. If you get clipped chances are you're gonna sit in the big canvas chair for a moment. It's really not anything to make a big deal out of, especially when you look at the videos of that KD and see feet tangle too - a bigger error than taking the punch actually. But that gets overlooked by those scripting a polemic....

Hit The Road Jack and deyell like this.
  5. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

TheyDontBoxNoMore7 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 2, 2016
    It has a lot of relevance. If you’re an alt from the lounge, then you know the conversations we’ve had. I told all you clowns dude gets hit too much. There’s been an excuse every fight. When I saw Marriaga putting glove on this guy, I simply just pointed it out to you guys.

When he gets KO’ed which he eventually will, you can’t say the signs aren’t there lmao

Then per usual you guys are going to come up with more excuses. Dude was hurt by a guy who won’t make it to HOF. You guys are so concerned with the label of p4p but you don’t want him to be the truth of what a true p4p #1 fighter entails. There’s too many inconsistencies in the Matrix. Demarco slid Linares too. So you beat a guy you were supposed to beat but you got floored in the process.

You guys try to overlook these things but you can’t and when Loma has to fight a real one. Don’t be surprised when the shortcomings continue.

6. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Wow, a fan base that needs to validate a knockdown in a combat sport. That's telling.

This is at least on par with the Pacquio and Mayweather revisionist garbage we used to get day in and day out. Guys been a pro for several years but all of a sudden out of the woodwork come crawling all these "fans"... :lol:

7. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    The guy hasn't been pro for years. He just turned pro not very long ago. He turned pro with MUCH fanfare. Its not like the dude was unknown, suddenly got some success and these are bandwagoneers. smh

8. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    I haven't made any excuses. Nor do I think that Loma and his people considered it a good thing at the time that Linares, a bigger, stronger opponent with fast hands, knocked him down. The subject posited by the thread starter, as I understood it, was whether the knockdown will benefit Lomachenko in the future. I believe that it may very well for the reasons I outlined.

Additionally, your assertion that Lomachenko "gets hit too much" is patently absurd. Heading into the Linares bout, Lomachenko was rated the number 1 defender, statistically speaking, by Compubox.

https://www.*******.com/compubox-statistical-update-lomachenko-now-1-defender--123336

Is Compubox the "be all and end all" of defensive metrics? Of course not, though it is worth considering some of the other shifty, well known defensive operators also on the list (Lara, Rigo). Surely no one would suggest that Rigo "gets hit too much," so there is some merit to the ranking. More importantly, our eyes tell us that for a guy as offensive minded as he, and who stays in range (in the pocket) as often as he does, he doesn't get hit very much at all.

Lastly, my guess is that Lomachenko learns from this and never gets knocked out.

the factor likes this.
  9. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Yeah buddy, 2013 is so last week! :lol:

Like I said, crawling & woodwork. It's very real. Lomo certainly didn't have this kind of support when he was losing his second fight. Crickets in comparison to the past week. Funny how boxing fans work!

10. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    It's not a long time, stop being a fool. His first fight was end of 2013, not beginning. He tries to fight as much as he can around 3 fights a year when the average is 1 fight a year. Stop BSing and acting like he's been here forever. 4 years in boxing at an average of 1 fight a year would take a decade to get to 11 fights. :duh

I really dislike this **** posting method where you attack fans. If someone wasn't a fan in the beginning they don't deserve to be fans at all? What kind of **** is this?

Also, Loma was known to diehard fans. He's the most celebrated Olympian in some time to go Pro.

the factor likes this.
  11. the factor

the factor Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    You just contradicted yourself big time. You make out Linares is a bum that won't make the hof but then you've got him even with the guy that any one who knows anything boxing has Loma as p4p 1. Linares pummeled De marco for 10 rds then got cut bad and had the worst cut man in history who I swear was trying to open those cuts rather than close them. If a guy wins 10 rds and runs into something that knocks him out there is no excuse. If Linares had not been cut he would have cruised to a shutout. It was a lucky win for Demarco He finished the fight on his feet and is the most under rated boxer in the game. Linares is a 3 division champ and is far from done. He put Loma down but never hurt him. What makes you think he won't make the hall of fame? You just can't handle Loma being the best around and keep clinging to the hope that he gets knocked out because "'he gets hit too much.'' He may very well get knocked one day but before he does he will be universally recognized as one of the greatest of all time. He has already shown that he is well on the way to being just that and there's nothing haters like you can do to prevent it other than hope.

12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    When playing with fire, getting singed can teach you a very important lesson, to be careful next time or you might get full on burned. Because people tend to forget, getting burned hurts really really bad. That's the only point being made here. No excuses, its just that people tend to learn from their mistakes.

The Akbar One likes this.
  13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Here we have Mikey getting dropped on his pert little botty by the same punch. Mikey didn't jump right back up like Loma did. Btw, that was the second KD of Mikey's career as he was dropped very hard by Walter Estrada too and only scrapped by on 2 of the judge's cards by a single point.

This content is protected

Here we have Terry Crawhype getting badly hurt by a Cuban midget. Notice how Crawhype is waaayy more hurt than Loma was. In fact, it takes about 90 seconds for his head to clear fully, definitely at least 60 seconds.

Here we have Jermello getting dropped by some bass player from a Japanese funk band, I have no idea who he is, I don't think anyone does outside of Yokohama.

And last but by no means least, here we have my boy Dre getting badly hurt by a truck driver who also moonlights as a wino when he's not on the road in his truck. Dre was clearly a clean punch or 2 away from getting KTFO by this useless bum. Lucky that dumb truck driver opted to wail away on Dre's ribs like a maniac and not target his head after the later had staggered back to the ropes in big trouble.

Dre was so hurt by that shot that at the end of the fight he actually thought he could imbue god with strength lol

14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Here we have Dre getting dropped heavily and badly hurt by Darnell Boone

That shot hurt Dre so badly he said he couldn't remember anything at all about the next 2 rounds, and that he still can't to this day. He said the next thing he remembered after eating that shot is the referee raising his arm at the end of the fight, a full 2 rounds later lol

Here we have Dre getting wobbled down to his soul from a Kovalev jab and then dropped in round 2 from a right hand. Granted Kovalev hits like a truck not a truck driver.

And don't forget that Dre's primary defensive strategy is to lunge in and grab a hold of his opponent like a gay octopus as soon as he's got off a quick shot of his own. This tactic greatly reduces the number of counter punches and clean shots the opponent can catch you with.

The important distinction between all these KDs and near KDs of the aforementioned ''glass-jawed'' fighters and Loma's one against Linares is:

Mikey was actually heavier than Rocky Martinez and had fought at the weight many times before

Crawhype was facing someone he outweighed by 7lbs and he (Crawhype) had been fighting at that weight for a long time.

Jermello was facing someone who weighed the same or less than him and they'd both been campaigning at that weight for many years

And Dre was facing fighters who weighed the same as him too, yes even Kov if indeed he was heavier man that night it only would only have been by a couple of pounds. Dre was 186 for his previous fight and 186 and is Kov's joint 3rd highest recorded fight night weight.

In fact, Dre was 182 for his last fight at 168 and that was back in late 2013, that's a pound more than Kovalev weighed for Sillahk.

Whereas Loma was fighting Linares (who reputedly had 14lbs on him, but it was certainly at the very least 6lbs) for his first fight at the weight.

Loma didn't take 3 fights to settle into the weight like a certain other fighter I've already mentioned. You know, the fighter and their trainer that said that you need at least a whole year to settle into a new weight and that there was no way in hell they would go anywhere near one of the top dogs at 175 until they'd had at least that to acclimatize to the weight.

No, Loma fought the #1 lightweight in the world in his first fight at that weight.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  15. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Which rounds are we talking about - other than the sixth?