The latest on Adonis Stevenson

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by split_decision, Dec 10, 2018.

1. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Sad news. Feel for his family.

HerolGee likes this.
  2. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    damn straight.

On that note, I'd better start my longitudinal study research on that. Be back in 50 years to let you know if we can be smug pensioners over whether we were right or not.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  3. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    But why would you even think along those likes at all? What point are you trying to make here? It seems very trivial. So what if being maimed in a boxing ring is ....in your opinion ....slightly better than being maimed in a hypothetical pointless war? Even if true your argument in no way advances the case for boxing, does it? The boxing injury is still horrific isn’t it?

4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I hope so too but he's been on the decline since 2014 IMO (his absolute prime) and even my boy Dre said the other day that we probably haven't seen the real Krusher since even before he fought him, which I thought was very gracious of him to admit. I hope Kovalev can pull it off but it's a tough ask at this stage of his career given everything he's been through emotionally and physically.

Up the gut and CST80 like this.
  5. Up the gut

Up the gut Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Slipped up mate, dropped his guard lol... What do you think of Usyk Andre ??Good fighter, good fighter, but his facial expression said WOW, or when asked would he fight him, it was a disguised "would I ****" but he played it down !

Serge likes this.
  6. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    lol I'd love to see that one, but it has to be in Ukraine with a Ukrainian ref and 3 Ukrainian judges.

gmurphy likes this.
  7. Up the gut

Up the gut Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 10, 2018
    My friend, even with his family doing the officiating, it wont matter if its in Ward's back garden

Angler Andrew likes this.
  8. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol:

Up the gut likes this.
  9. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    it is a sad situation. I hope he pulls through and somehow has a good life ahead. The brain is very sensitive but the skull is an amazing protector. His recovery has a lot to do with the area of the brain affected and hopefully he did not have much swelling in the brain, which then cuts circulation and affects other areas. It is very sad. I love the sport and yet sometimes if someone is taking punishment something goes off in my head just stop the fight. The ref. wants to make sure he gives both guys the chance to win. You cannot affect the sport much more. Headgear makes it less intriguing. but I don't know if safer.

10. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    It is many times, but, with brain swelling, it's more like a trap, unfortunately... :ohno

Angler Andrew and CST80 like this.
  11. cslb

cslb Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    and you wonder why you have problems with women. smh

12. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    That is true. They have started to remove the skull to relieve pressure, which I don't think they did years ago. Before I think they would put the person on ice and lower the body temperature which then would try to lower the swelling. Now they have medication which probably does that.

13. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    This content is protected

Angler Andrew and Jackstraw like this.
  14. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I think my old buddy Randall Tex Cobb Esq was right on the money when he said/ "Boxing is the ultimate sport. I takes a team to prepare a fighter for combat BUT When that opening bell rings your team go down the steps Its just your ass on the line in there Darllin '

Up the gut likes this.
  15. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Can't belive people are calling for boxing to be banned. How about ban the medical professional that were involved in this fight? like the ringside doctor, like the pre-physical evaluation doctors.... Where were they??