The Legend of Danny J. - the Golden Child's Miracle Marathon

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Look at how fury milked his comeback from his problems, and look at how Jacobs has handled his comeback or how often he mentions it, im not saying one comeback is better than the other( shouldn't have to) but one let's his boxing do the talking. Guess who is who

IntentionalButt likes this.
  2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Eh...can't help but think you're only taking an oppositional stance because you dislike Jacobs. I feel like if my post were praising someone you were a fan of, bashing someone you hate or elsewise content you endorsed but not a word shorter you wouldn't have a peep to say about criticizing its length. :nusenuse:

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    :deal:

Jacobs is the most A+ inspirational all-around babyfaced good dude in (at least American) boxing since...idk, Paul Williams? :nusenuse:

Power_tek and Bustajay like this.
  4. Power_tek

Sep 22, 2018
    vinny paz?

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Pretty sure he was retired when PTP was still a green prospect. :sisi1

6. Power_tek

Sep 22, 2018
    that was my avoidance tactics instead of admitting i don't know Paul Williams story.

7. Power_tek

Sep 22, 2018
    I know the boxer just not his story.

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  9. Power_tek

Sep 22, 2018
  10. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    He killed Kid Choc Choc quickly!!!!

IntentionalButt likes this.
  11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Underrated as hell win, people forget that Quillin was considered up there in the division second only to Golovkin for a spell there.

12. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Earlier you said how I didn't read your whole post which was quite a bit longer than mine. If you had read it you would know that I said I thought Jacobs was a better role model than fighter, so not sure how you came to that conclusion.

13. JacK Rauber

Oct 20, 2013
    Quillen was looking very shopworn by the time Jacobs faced him. The quick KO didn't surprise me in the least. Quillen hasn't looked good in a long time. Very shaky.

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I meant you dislike him as a fighter, or else you are neutral toward him but have a strong emotional agenda regarding some rival of his that would influence you to want to downplay his abilities because you're maybe salty about how a fight between them went or is percieved. GGG, I'm guessing? Maybe I'm wrong, just the vibe I pick up..

15. JacK Rauber

Oct 20, 2013
    My feeling is Jacobs is a bit hyped. Everything that comes out of NYC is a bit hyped, from literature to politics to sports. Do you really think Jack Kerouac's On the Road would have been the sensation it was if it didn't originate in the NYC underground? It was garbage but it was held up as generational wisdom. If Jacobs was out of Des Moines you probably wouldn't know much about him. He's a very good fighter.