The Little Prince, The Big Fight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by achillesthegreat, Sep 2, 2007.

1. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
  2. stuey

stuey Never bet on England Full Member

Aug 13, 2004
    this shows what little training he did for barrera, he had lost the desire by then. funny as **** programme though..

3. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Naz had a rubbish camp. Everything he does in training looks power orientated. Its just a mess. The training was like Rocky v Drago with MAB being Rocky.

4. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    [YT]B3ThdVbxaHI[/YT]

5. TIGEREDGE

TIGEREDGE Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    EXECUSES, EXECUSES. THERE IS A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE WITH SAYING THAT HE NEVER HAD TRAINED SO HARD FOR A FIGHT

HERE IS A LINK:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lAwXEdxeiL0

THERE ARE OTHERS

I HAD NO DOUBT YEARS BEFORE THAT BARERRA AND CO WERE ABOVE HIM. NAZ LOOKED BETTER THAN EVER A FEW MONTH BEFORE THIS FIGHT WHEN HE FOUGHT BUNGU. HIS DEFENCE AND BALANCE WAS BETTER TAHN EVER

6. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    No excuses here.

It was a horrible camp - FACT!

Good camp or not, Naz loses. Naz always loses to MAB unless he makes technical adjustments.

The first clip of Naz training is him bombing away on a SPEED BAG!
    Then he bombs away on the heavy bag and the pads.
    Then he describes the sweet science as him wanting to find an opening to knock someone out.
    Then his sparring shows him moronically trying to knock his opponents out.
    Then Steward says he wasn't happy with how Naz looks and this is three weeks out.
    Then he talks non stop about knocking MAB out.
    Then he talks about how everyone can be ko'd.

The video speaks for itself.

7. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    what im thinking you can see marco continously moving doing pads in a working enviroment which does give you alot of motivation. and then naz with a chandelier in the ring and a gym inside your home is somthing wrong there...even his trainer didnt know how to punch did you see him on the bag:blood the left hook looked awful and the right hand had no such technique whatsoever.

i think he had alot of desire but it wasnt the desire like the years before.

and like achillies said it's power orientated while marco was doing combo's and speed drills while naz was throwing booming one hit punches. a real shame his speed is what made him a great fighter

8. Nemesis

Nemesis Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2005
    what's your point, every fighter says he is in the best shape, but very rarely is.

9. stuey

stuey Never bet on England Full Member

Aug 13, 2004
    inspired me to watch the fight again. barrera beat the granny out of him, marvelous

10. nulty

nulty Guest

I couldn't believe at the time and still can't believe now, that people picked naz with such certainty to win this fight. I picked Marco and was ridiculed, even on sky Glenn McCrory was the only analyst to pick Marco and the others looked at him like he was stupid.

11. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    MAB was thought to be there to be hit by Naz's power. I'll admit I picked Naz...

12. TIGEREDGE

Mar 10, 2007
    i bet 200 pound on MAB at the time. i couldn't believe the odds of 3/1. easiest money i ever made

13. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    Yeah and you are the same guy who started a thread saying that Hamed was not a big puncher.
    Clearly your ignorance and bias paid off once. I doubt it is something that will prove to be lucrative in the long run.:good

14. TIGEREDGE

Mar 10, 2007
    his punches never hurt barerra. GREAT IS A WORD USED TOO MUCH NOWDAYS.

i NEVER SAID THAT NAZ COULD'T HKIT. Naz was a very good puncher but he never proved himself great PUNCHER LIKE MOORE OLIVARES, HEARNS AND CO. he needed a ko victory over a barera or a marquez or morales to prove it

15. TIGEREDGE

Mar 10, 2007
    i never let personal feelings get in the way of business or beting on boxing. i have done good betting on boxing. had a few losses but made a good profit over the years doing it