The man Manny Pac should have fought

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Jan 21, 2019.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    This vid claims Manny should have fought Loma and vice versa because of what it would have meant to either fighters legacy, mainly Loma`s, I don`t know if I agree, is the guy on this vid correct?

2. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I disagree
    Loma wants no part of pac.

3. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Loma didn't want it, that's why he tried to drain Pacquiao down to 135. Pac fights at welterweight, and has for years. Loma should move up, or ask Pac to meet him at 140 which is reasonable. If he was confident, he would have taken it. He's not confident he can beat Pac, unless Pac is super drained though. I don't think it's a hard fight for Pac either. The Pac from last Saturday would outpoint Loma with work rate at the least.

titanic likes this.
  4. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    That`s unfair on Loma and could hurt his legacy, being stopped by a 40 year old welter would ruin his boxing image totally, Loma hasn`t got the punch to compete with a hard punching welter, he`s better than Manny in every other department an d better than him P4P now, this could effect his P4P status.

5. BoyBato

BoyBato Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2018
    Pac doesn't need loma but if loma dares to be great he will go up and maybe ask for a catchweight and even then i got pac by tko.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  6. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    No I feel without the weight Manny may be in trouble, Loma is far better than Pac now the only difference is power, Loma is beter than any welter in te world except maybe Crawford he just isn`t a welter and doesn`t have the power, Manny is nowhere the P4P top 10 now this would be a step backwards for Loma, maybe he could beat Broner though.

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Don't think it's a fight either needs really. They've both got plenty to do in their current weight classes (and plenty below, in Loma's case)

Badbot and mark ant like this.
  8. tealt

tealt Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    So Loma wants to fight Tank Davis and Mikey Garcia but he's afraid to lose to Manny?

mark ant likes this.
  9. BoyBato

BoyBato Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2018
    You are really underestimating Pac. This is PACQUAIO not linares,pedraza or martinez. For all of loma's gifts as you said i never seen him beat bigger men than he is the likes pac did with dlhy,cotto,hatton and margarito. Pac is an atg THAT'S a great name to put on anyone's resume. Broner is a good win for loma but Pac is great win even a 40 yr old pac

Ph33rknot and titanic like this.
  10. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    True that.
    Loma said it many times.

11. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Would you still rate Manny in the P4P top 10 though?

12. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Linares has faster hand speed than Manny now though.

13. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    To me Loma might already be a weight division above what I think he is best suited for. Stylistically and name recognition wise this is the biggest fight to be made apart from Pac vs Mayweather II...it just does not compute. Manny should not be dropping a weight class and I don’t think Loma is ready to jump another division. I guess it sounds like a good idea in print or on video, but in reality I don’t think this fight makes sense for either guy

Nonito Smoak likes this.
  14. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I think 140lb fight should happen. Look at the difference in resume. Pac wants it. Loma doesn't. Need two to tango

15. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Lomachenko is an EASY FIGHT for Pacquiao. And I do mean EASY. Pacquiao knocks him out and it is a forgone conclusion (even at 135).

When you look like you survived the trainwreck in Unbreakable fighting Pedraza, you're not surviving Pacquiao.