The Master Genius

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by emallini, Aug 18, 2019.

1. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
  2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I like him. At first I thought he was a right twat but after listening to his life stories I really like him.

Also one of my friends is in his camp at the moment doing lots of filming and he sounds like a good man, always trying to pass down his knowledge and give advice.

Scissors and tdf1974 like this.
  3. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    He makes me laugh, if they pull off the previously unthinkable in Russia everything he's said and done will make absolutely perfect sense.

4. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Bit of a knob. He might have a good knowledge of boxing, but still a knob nonetheless.

5. emallini

Mar 16, 2008
    This content is protected

6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I was the same. Thought he was a proper tit but the more I watch of him I start to like him. He was funny today at that stare down. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s going to do him any good.

7. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    He's so far up his own his arse, his head is popping out of his mouth.

Suspect.chin and Shakermaker like this.
  8. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Can’t wait to dig up this crap thread up on Saturday night once Yarde is beat

9. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    He may be living vicariously through Anthony. He's making fighters sign a management AND training contract in case they leave him for greener pastures and that may be a sign of a desperate (or clever) man, especially when he has neither management or training pedigree.

He does appear to be a lunatic though.

Yarde has signed and stayed with him and he is the only one, or one of few. To date Anthony has not said anything interesting that gets my juices flowing and he comes across as dull. Maybe he is influenced. But having said that, what does a manager do? Where is AJ's manager? Only the boxing fans know who he is and he is mostly absent from the public and has been for a long time. So as managers go, they can sign off, take their percentage from a back seat and let the promoter run the show. In that respect, lunatic Tunde is onto something.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  10. emallini

Mar 16, 2008
    Dream it believe it become it

Gazanta87 and Twentyman like this.
  11. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I do like his personality but as a trainer he's flawed.
    He comes out with these philosophical sound bytes that are quite hip but have very little grounding in reality.
    But tbf, he seems to of done well for yarde, as his manager.
    Here's a soundbyte for you tunde, "there's no secrets in boxing."
    This system 9 you have invented or whatever it's called, would of been done before now, if it was correct, that all the sparing a fighter needed was his own trainer. Don't you think that would of been tried before?
    It's more like tunde is protecting his investment, so that his flaws can't be uncovered. He doesn't want the boxing world to share insider knowledge on yardes true ability, so you've shoehorned him into your gym, with a ring of protection covering him, that is now known,as the "lions in the camp". You've handpicked you're opponents, dragging most of them up from the middlweights,to serve up to Anthony on a platter.
    Yarde is good enough to do a number on these fighters,and look good while doing it,and that has served your plan.
    You are clever, as you've got your man a title shot with a good payday, without having to face any other competative fighters at championship level.
    You are the trainer and manager,and you are looking at,in the least 25% of yarde purse. In that respect you have done a great job for yourself and Anthony but now is the time where the flaws in your system are shown. It will go against everything every trsiner in history has known about developing fighters and that's where I come back to the well known sound bytes, "there's no secrets in boxing"
    Good Luck To both of you though, I do like Anthony in particular, he comes across well most of the time.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  12. DreamItBelieveItGetKOd

DreamItBelieveItGetKOd New Member banned Full Member

Aug 21, 2019
    What's he done as a trainer so far? Nothing!

He's a clown nobody who'll be up there with the biggest laughing stocks in boxing like Amir Khan after saturday night.

He's a beg of Mayweather, but theres only one Floyd Mayweather Jr!

Suspect.chin likes this.
  13. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    It’s extremely difficult to determine whether Tunde is a genius or completely deluded ? If Yarde wins Saturday it’s the former done and dusted !

14. blueseaofibrox

blueseaofibrox Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2015
    He’s won absolutely nothing as a coach, no British title or European
    Gobshite who craves attention

Suspect.chin likes this.
  15. coolcat45

coolcat45 Active Member Full Member

Oct 21, 2018
    lioooooooooooooooooons in the camppppppppp. I believe Kovalev will win on Saturday but hopefully, yarde gives a good account of himself. Massive respect for taking this fight even though i thought it was unlikely to happen