The Michael "The Great" Katsidis EXPRESS!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chileno606, Jul 21, 2007.

1. BoppaZoo

BoppaZoo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 21, 2007
    maybe if Czar learnt to box with his hands instead of his head. Maybe Katsidis would look different.

2. albaneze

albaneze HAXHI - The new Champ Full Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Katsidis should lookout for himself much more. Needs to improve his defense and not let himself too much exposed, this might become a problem while fighting with B or A level fighters.
    He is a good fighter though. And whats all this Queersland Express Thing? Just Joking.

3. IOANNIS

IOANNIS Member Full Member

Jan 16, 2006
  4. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Don't be over impressed folks . . . he is lucky to escape and won this fight. He got caught with a lot solid punches . . . it so happens that Amonsot cannot ship gear to a higher level and finish him off thus the result . . . but if he is going to face an opponent like Juan Diaz . . . he won't survive it like this one.

5. BoppaZoo

Jan 21, 2007
    This post is so laughable.

Amonsot down in the 2nd and 10th round. Amonsot has a brain bleed yet Katsidis got lucky.

Yep he really is lucky.That Katsidis kid sure isnt any good at boxing.:rofl

6. theunderdog

theunderdog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2006
    but seriously, why did the announcer not call him by his name? the great katsidis and katsidis the great were what i heard in the introduction and the announcement of the winner. the great katsidis doesn't sound that nice

7. psychopath

Mar 13, 2007
    That was a good fight dude. I'm not saying that Kat is not good in boxing my point is if that was somebody who could follow up on solid hits then Kat could have been KDed too. The problem is Amonsot had nothing left and had no killer instinct.

Laughable . . . because you're getting the wrong message. :yep

8. BoppaZoo

Jan 21, 2007
    i know what you mean. ive heard it for the last 2 days now.

if Katsidis fights a pure boxer like Juan Diaz,Joan Guzman or Casamayor he is going to lose.

but i say if he turns it into a slugfest like he does every fight.
    i just wonder how Guzman,Diaz or Casamayor would go trying to keep up with Katsidis toe 2 toe style.

some say he might lose but when you fight like the way Rocky does you can always fool someone into fighting your style fight.

a great example of this is Duran vs Leonard when he fooled Leonard into going toe 2 toe with him.

If Katsidis can fool any of those fighters into that all those fights would be wars. i think against Guzman Katsidis stands his best chance.
    Diaz and Casamayor are too good for Katsidis at the moment.

but if i was Katsidis manager i would be resting Katsidis for at least 6 months and then maybe trying to get a fight with Nate Campbell. i would say thats more likely the way Rocky and his management will go.

9. theunderdog

Jul 4, 2006
    i respect you opinion and all but the part the i highlighted is highly questionnanle IMO. amonsot is no where near casamayor, diaz or guzman in skill. but amonsot managed to stay away from katsidis and land nice combos from the outside when he wanted to. those punches messed katsidis' eyes up. i just wonder what makes you think that a better tactician in joan guzman would have any trouble in staying away from kat's in fighting?

10. BoppaZoo

Jan 21, 2007
    because Guzman is a smaller fighter that is a very very featherfisted puncher and wouldnt hurt Katsidis eyes or even get close to knocking Rocky down.

ive seen Guzman a few time and he was featherfisted for a Featherweight.

and also Guzman has never really been in with a guy like Katsidis, he comes at you none stop. he punch's all the time and keeps coming foward so how would Guzman with his featherfisted jab keep a monster like Katsidis off him.

11. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    He was lucky Earl's corner pulled him out.

Kat was starting to gas In that one.:deal

12. theunderdog

Jul 4, 2006
    bro amonsot isn't that hard of a puncher either and look what happend to kat's face. accumulation of punches may they be sledgehammers or feather fisted will have an effect on all boxers. katsidis' game revolves around hitting an opponent whom he has cornered or an opponent who is charging at him. guzman is neither. he's not small either, he's 5'7 and so is katsidis

i'm not hating on katsidis. i respect the guy and totally give him the props for beating amonsot. the filipino is no push over but he is nowhere near what the top tier lightweights are.

13. psychopath

Mar 13, 2007
    Well Kats will have no problem in Guzman if the guy got dragged into a brawl. Guzman doesn't have power to hurt Kats really But Diaz? Kats doesn't have to fool Diaz into brawling . . . that's Diaz game . . . a slugfest so if that happens it's gonna be a complete war.

And yes that's my point . . . Diaz and Casa are still too good for Kats at this time so I want to see Kats getting some more lighter fights before he faces the veterans.

14. psychopath

Mar 13, 2007
    What do you mean gas in??? :roll:

15. theunderdog

Jul 4, 2006
    wait. are you seriously asking that question?