The Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones jr prediction thread !

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by heerko koois, Nov 22, 2020.

Tyson or Roy J JR ?

Poll closed Nov 29, 2020.
  1. Tyson

60.0%
  2. Roy Jones Jr

40.0%
  1. channy

channy F937 Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Defibrillators are you readdddyyyy.

Hanz Cholo and Sammy123 like this.
  2. heerko koois

heerko koois Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    not funny ......

3. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Roy is a good ole panhandle FL guy so I hope he survives.
    Mike might unleash the RAGE and we have ourselves another Apollo Creed situation :mad:

4. captain hook

captain hook Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Roy Jones is faster and has better cardio. He doesnt have so much ring rust as Mike and Roy hasn't been out of gym at all while Mike was smoking pot.

My prediction is that Mike KO's Roy in first or second round, or he looses on points/quits. I don't think that Roy will KO him even if he sees that Mike is done, probably will carry him till the end of a fight. Somehow, I think that Roy will survive first rounds and win the fight.

5. Rico Spadafora

Rico Spadafora Best Chin On ESB Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Tyson KO’s Roy by accident. Roy’s Chin is so bad he can’t take any kind of punch and Tyson slips up and throws an errant power punch that puts Jones out cold on the canvas just like feather fisted Glen Johnson did.

6. TFP

TFP Member Full Member

Feb 20, 2012
    I suppose I honestly expect this to be choreogaphed/somehow rigged/for their to somehow be an agreement that it won't get out of hand.

In a real fight, Jones wins, Tyson, after so long out & as a heavy smoker etc, would be on his knees after about a round and a half.

In this 'contest', I suppose I expect Mike to come out on top. They'll probably look to do it in a convincing and entertaining enough fashion so as to tee up future lucrative fights with Holyfield etc. I doubt they'll succeed.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    sasto likes this.
  7. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Genuinely think jones is going to box circles round him and make Tyson look like a fool.

Jones will let him see the final bell

Eel87 likes this.
  8. ertwin

ertwin Active Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2016
    If they do it for real then rjj is going to play with tyson like with some lil kid. Roy was active until 2 years ago and was in always in perfect shape for his age. Even when he wasnt a part of the top notch fighting crop he still had a big interest for the sport, commenting for hbo and stuff.
    Tyson won his last fight when I was still in elementary school, did drugs since his mid 30 and got completely out of shape.
    This fight will show that consistency and discipline pay off much more then anything else.

Eel87 likes this.
  9. Decker

Decker Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    After many joke posts (myself included) #s 20-24 have been mostly serious.

A hard "fight" to predict. Like many allude to, just how choreographed is this intended to be? If it is fixed, will something happen and one or both get off the script? If it is a semi serious fight, I think Mike needs to win it early.

captain hook likes this.
  10. steve21

steve21 Active Member Full Member

Jan 19, 2015
    It's supposed to just be an exhibition - but so was Creed/Drago, and we saw how that turned out

11. kdyehs

kdyehs Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    I read it is an exhibition without headgear and 12on gloves. Ok.. is there anything else? It's 8 rounds 2 mins each according to the previous poster. Still good. If you tell me there is nothing else, that both can throw as many power shots as they want and that KO is allowed, I am gonna buy the fight and predict Jones for fun. If there is a "no KO no blood" thing in this I am gonna pass and just watch highlights a couple of days later. Let me know.

12. 6.5winmag

6.5winmag New Member Full Member

May 1, 2020
  13. kdyehs

kdyehs Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    It was said that " fighters have been instructed to not go beyond "hard sparring." Foster also said referee Ray Corona will be enforcing that neither man is to actively look for a knockout and will keep the intensity of the bout in check." So I guess there will be moment of burst between the two man, to excite the crowd, or rather the spectators in front of their screen watching, then it will quickly return back to normal sparring. The show will probably be ok but maybe not enough for me to pull the trigger and spend $50.

sasto likes this.
  14. jmb1356

jmb1356 Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Didn't they say there would be no winner months ago? Better fights are on the horizon with current fighters.

15. guncho

guncho next champion! Full Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Either way im watching this. My cable is showing.