The myth of Canelo being "weighed drained" against Mayweather and other excuses debunked

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MarkusFlorez99, Jul 18, 2021.

1. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Floyd fought Oscar 6 years prior at 154

BCS8 likes this.
  2. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    You are giving him a pass.

Floyd beat Cotto for a JMW belt.

He then put that on the line along with Canelo’s JMW belt, but then refused to let Canelo weigh in at the limit.

It was an absolute disgrace.

I’ve already said that I don’t think if affected the outcome of the fight. But it had to have been extremely difficult for him. And the extra weight wasn’t an advantage. The heavier he was, the less mobile he was. It would only have been an advantage if they’d have fought close up like Floyd and Maidana did. But it wasn’t a fight, it was a technical chess match.

3. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Oh so Canelo was skin and bones ? Despite the fact that he weighed in at 153½ against trout right before the Mayweather fight ? Watch the weigh vs trout then vs floyd. He looks the exact same. Besides 152 is within the weight limit of light middle weight with 154 being the heaviest you can weigh at light middleweight for the weigh in which is why it's called the "weight limit".

As I've said. Canelo rehydrated and was perfectly fine when he got in the ring with Floyd. Therfor his performance was not affected by the catch weight at all. Thefor the excuse holds no weight

4. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    But Canelo rehydrated to 165lb. This is true is it not ? Besides it was CANELO who called out Floyd Mayweather for 150 initially and claimed he'd make the weight.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...alvarez-150-pound-catchweight-hbo-boxing-news

Floyd is a snake and uses his a side abilities to gain andadvantage and i believe he had to pay a fee against JMM for not making weight. But here's the truth. If the weigh in did not affect Canelo's performance then whats the point of blabbering the excuse. Because Canelo put on 15 pounds before the fight and still lost. He was not weight drained in the ring.

5. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Floyd didn't make that catch weight against Oscar but i believe Oscar chose everything and Cotto was naturally smaller than Canelo. I do agree to an extent that Mayweather likes to hold the cards because in the proposed rematch with De La Hoya Mayweather wanted the fight at welterweight instead of light middleweight depsite the fact that he already beat De La Hoya at 154. Im not giving him a pass, that's greedy.

But in this particular case the catch weight didn't affect Canelo on the night. Thats why i don't see why people cling to that excuse to cope with the fact that Canelo lost. It makes no sense.

Loudon likes this.
  6. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    That was almost 2 years before they fought.

That was before Canelo had beaten Trout and before Floyd had beaten Cotto.

When they had official negotiations, both fighters were JMW champions.

Both of their belts were on the line.

An awful lot can happen in boxing in the space of 2 years.

Canelo couldn’t have made 150 then.

Floyd’s actions were disgraceful.

After he’d demanded a C-W, Cotto’s belt shouldn’t have been on the line.

Again, I don’t think that he was drained. But you are clearly giving Floyd a pass.

7. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    All these these talks about how inexperienced Canelo was when he fought Floyd Jr are nonsense.
    He just had assumed that Floyd Jr is enough old and dumb in negotiations to be possible get next marquee win vs 36 y.o uncle.
    Canelo already had proven that he was very highly skilled in cherry picking:D not only in boxing.
    There some Floyd Jr appeared still enough big name in Vegas and not enough old.
    _______
    Before this fight he already had proved that he is master in cherry picking.
    2012: Clebuterol fights vs Mosley for light middleweight title, Mosley is over the hill 38 y.o and this is cool cherry picking.
    2011: Mosley had lost fight vs Pacman for welterweight (!!!!!) title.
    2010: Mosley had a draw vs More and had lost vs Floyd Jr.

It is cool cherry picking example, to pick big name coming out from a draw and 2 lost fights streak :campeon:in his last 3 fights before Clenelo took him in the ring. Mosley then also was enough old in 2012 th for hero Clenelo to cherry pick him. With last 3 fights rerord 0-2-1 and 38 y.o enough suitable for Clenelo.
    _______
    Clenelo cherry picking art had peaked when he picked blown up welterweight in Khan for middleweight title defense fight.
    Clenelo fans were so happy how good Clenelo is in this great matchup. LOL.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  8. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    And Canelo didn't make 150, he made 152. He rehydrated anyway. Floyd made Canelo do a lot of things but that was a 2 pound difference between 152 and 154. Why are you worked up if Canelo still came in at super middle weight against Mayweather ?

9. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    I’m not worked up. But you have given Floyd a pass all through the thread, even bringing Canelo’s comments up from almost 2 years before they fought. That’s what I have issue with.

We’ll leave it that.

Floyd took the shine off of his own win.

If he’d have let Canelo weigh-in at the limit, nobody could even have implied anything about the weight.

BCS8 likes this.
  10. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    There's no pass given. The main subject is that Canelo was not weight drained when he fought Mayweather. Wether or not he tries to gain an advantage against his opponents is a different story

11. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    You have tried to justify his actions all throughout the thread.

We’re going around in circles.

There’s no point in taking it any further.

Floyd’s actions were BS. But I agree with you that it didn’t affect the outcome of the fight.

I’ve said that all along.

12. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Also remember that when Floyd fought Cotto he said Cotto was really an undefeated fighter cause his losses one of them (Margo) the other guy cheated and the second loss (Pac) was at a catchweight and according to Floyd catchweights dont count.

Loudon likes this.
  13. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    So you agree that Canelo wasn't weight drained ? Yeah his privileges are BS but lets not act like Canelo is an amazing humble champion that doesn't use his a side privileges.

Loudon likes this.
  14. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Floyd said that ? LOL

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021