The new Matchroom show early December.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ElPantera, Oct 25, 2021.

1. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    DAZN will offer 4 mega PPV cards every year...

The only mega fight DAZN have offered is Canelo vs Kovalev.

Jurgen likes this.
  2. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Not saying its been the best start possible... but in fairness the Whyte card, Warrington card and Del Boy card would all be PPV on Sky.

you only have to look at the standard of the Sky cards and BT cards and its clear as day Matchroom are still putting on the best cards. The card on Saturday is poor but it would be an above average card for BT and was better than the card Sky put on last week

As for the card i think we might get Felix Cash in a european fight plus Kash Farooq, Jordan Gill, Zelfa Barrett etc.

unfriendlyorchid likes this.
  3. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    I disagree personally. Hearn may say that but he wants people to think DAZN are doing everyone a favour and giving out value for money. Warrington v Lara 1 was on regular Sky and Parker v Chisora was supposed to be an undercard fight 2 years ago with Chisora losing 2/3 since then.

impacted, Jurgen and Astro like this.
  4. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I think you're missing an important point. Right now, Matchroom Boxing is still living well on the agreements and contracts they entered into when they had Sky Sports behind them. I can not see the big difference in Matchroom Boxing events today and in the past under Sky Sports.

What does the picture look like in 18 months time ?

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Great news! More boxing.

6. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Finally Brook v Khan DAZN PPV.

Glenn McKrory and N17 like this.
  7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The Fury v Wilder card on BT Sports was the best by a mile since ReMatchroom left Sky - no Matchroom Card comes close

8. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I do not completely agree with you.

The 3 heavyweight fights before Fury vs Wilder 3 were not particularly good, but the first 2 fights from 12.00 to 02.00 on BT Sport Box Office were really good. The main event was fantastic.

Jurgen and N17 like this.
  9. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    Do you know if Sky Sports has entered into or will soon enter into an agreement with PBC Premier Boxing Champions?

N17 likes this.
  10. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm sure after Whyte Wallin was cancelled DAZN had a word and said we need something else.

The problem is it will be a bang average card at best, filled with Matchroom prospects, one sided fights and women's boxing.

They are going to find out this weekend coming just how popular women's boxing is, Chantelle Cameron is headlining a show, it will absolutely bomb and Hearn knows it..

Apparently refunds are extremely hard to get, there have been problems and complaints.

If you go to official ticket sales then you can easily buy tickets anywhere in the arena, well that was the case last week.

Hearn and Matchroom are just discovering the reach of Sky Sports, Hearns arrogance didn't see any of this coming, he believed it was all about him, he could sell anything to anybody and sure he is a good promoter but Sky's advertising and platform gave Hearn a huge head start and now with DAZN it isn't anywhere near the same level of profile.

This won't end well, AJ and Whyte are defeats away from Matchroom seriously struggling because there is nobody else that the casuals Eddie targets will pay good money to watch.

11. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Trust me, Hearn will try and throw all of DAZNs monies at a Benn Vs Khan or Benn Vs Brook fight.

Reason being Hearn will see value in Benn winning against an old faded fighter in a "huge fight on a stacked card" and then move Benn on to sell him again.

The problem with Brook Vs Khan is it's a one off, neither will continue after, they'll just settle a score that should have been settled years ago, pad their bank accounts and retire.

And I agree with you about PPV, because I wouldn't be surprised if they try and sell a Benn Vs Khan/Brook as a PPV because they would of it was on Sky and Hearn keeps saying "only big fights and big names would be PPV"... and he keeps calling Benn a "STAR".

rezzer, KermitTheFrog and Astro like this.
  12. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    Even if AJ should lose the return fight to Usyk, Eddie Hearn can still use him for several years to come. AJ has the X Factor and his ability to sell tickets will not be harmed by a defeat to Usyk.

N17 likes this.
  13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The first 2 Heavyweight fights were good with Helenius looking the best I have seen him. The Frankie Sanchez fight was a tactical masterclass keeping a heavy hitter at bay.

Compared to the Usyk v Tony Dosh PPV undercard, this was an absolute pleasure to watch.

PatCash and Wizbit1013 like this.
  14. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    Isn't that the point? An undercard fight two years ago had become a PPV on Sky in 2021, and the rematch would definitely have been too.

Even if you take the view that DAZN is essentially an £8 PPV fee for one card a month, it's still a third of the price.

Jurgen likes this.
  15. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    Have you seen the first fight between Kovacki and Helenius? I actually think it was far better than this fight where the Pole's one eye was already closed after the first round? We do not agree, and that's fine, Jurgen :)

Jurgen likes this.