The new Matchroom show early December.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ElPantera, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Berlanga was interesting. Anderson in a knock over, ajagba is as a snooze fest and helenius vs kownacki was sloppy at best. Wasn’t a great undercard but was ok.

It was a PPV event at 4am too. If a person nice in a blue moon top 3 heavyweight fight was the only thing you can come up with to top it. Matchroom cant be doing that bad can they?

2. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Agree with you and it’s a logical view. If I got two solid cards a month I too think it’s great value. For me the December schedule looks decent with teofimo and Haney on there. Plus chisora vs Parker thrown in its decent value at £7.99.

however this month for example is stretching it.

it’s all personal views. I subscribe to sky for football and boxing probably On a 50/50 split. My boxing offering from Sky for in excess of £30 a month has been woeful

unfriendlyorchid likes this.
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Game changed - looks exactly the same game to me screwing the £7.99 PPV mugths

4. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I'm well aware of that. It can not be done without a TV deal and Wasserman Boxing had of course hoped that they would get the contract with Sky.

Eddie Hearn is not in the process of building anything from scratch? He has a number of boxers who have become known through Sky Sports. Well-established names. So Eddie Hearn does not start from scratch?

I wish Eddie Hearn good luck in the future. He will need it.

By the way, I have no problem paying 7.99 a month for DAZN.

5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Yeah true but casuals are already starting to jump ship, they seem to jumping on to Ship Fury.

Jurgen likes this.
  6. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    HMS Matchroom under Captain Birdseye Eh Day Earn currently spinning round and round in a small lake

BigDoofus, aaaaa and N17 like this.
  7. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    :lol:

And Old Barry is turning in to Uncle Albert from Only Fools.

Jurgen likes this.
  8. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    In a few years I can see the book in front of me: Eddie Hearn's greatness and fall.

Jurgen likes this.
  9. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Followed by The Great Con

10. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    :lol:

11. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Yeah and what a shyte card it was. Hearn knew he was moving to DAZN so purposely put it on PPV so he could roll out his DAZN stuff at a later date and how the DAZN budget would allow him to do PPV quality cards etc.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  12. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Sky aren't building anything from scratch either , they have the biggest platform, an established boxing platfrom, the huge sky marketing machine behind it, years of experience in boxing, years of experience in production etc etc etc they just had to replace the content provider , the fact they went with an unproven, inexperienced product/promoter is down to them.

Its much easier to succeed having Sky's platform and marketing ability etc with a poor product (which it has been so far) than DAZN's platform and marketing ability with a better product imo, but as I said I think both have been poor, I've cancelled DAZN as its just not worth £7.99 on the flip side I'd feel short changed if £1.50 of my Sky sub was going towards boxing.

As someone mentioned you are not affording EH the same concessions as you are Sky .

You are happy to give Sky until 2023 to make a judgement but not MR ???

I think Sky has been abysmal so far since MR left, DAZN has been a bit better but you pay £7.99 for it so all in all has been poor too.

We were told more competition in boxing is good for the fans as the standard of fights/cards would get better , I'm yet to be convinced.

The biggest mistakes MR and DAZN have made are selling DAZN as an alternative to the PPV model ,which clearly we now know it isnt and 'GAME CHANGED' , clearly it hasn't , at least buy yourself a little time and package it as 'THE GAME IS CHANGING' or something.
    I don't think DAZN/Matchroom have covered themselves in glory PR wise with those 2 examples and that is worrying for the future of the product.

Astro, rezzer and Jurgen like this.
  13. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I will never forget the day Eddie Hearn announced his Media team to DAZN UK. "This is gonna blow your mind away". It's nice to have confidence but it seems like Eddie Hearn has completely lost ground. He should get down to earth and start breathing the same air as the rest of us. DAZN UK is doing allright, but - production wise / commentators - it´s like watching boxing on Channel 5.

14. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    Sky has a great platform and it is a huge advantage for them. I totally agree with you. The boxing on DAZN has been okay and I feel that I have got value for money.

The first Boxxer show on Sky Sports was okay, but nothing special while number 2 was bad. However, I will not pass any judgment as BOXXER has hardly arranged any boxing events before. Matchroom Boxing has arranged boxing events for half a lifetime.

I have a subscription to DAZN and will keep it in the future, just as I have Sky + HD Box with Sky´s large package (movies, sports, etc.) + BT Sports subscription. At one point I also had the Premier Sports package due to their boxing, but I can not figure out if they will show boxing in the future? I love boxing and therefore I support all boxing platforms (DAZN, Fightzone etc.) When Probellum goes on the air in December I must also have a subscription.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  15. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Never miss a fight myself whether on Pay per View or BT Sports 2.

Just looking into buying a subscription to ShannyTV