The new rejuvenated Holyfield!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by geppy, Jul 1, 2007.

1. geppy

geppy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    How does Evander Holyfield stay so sharp at 44 years old? I cant help but think of the recent steroid investigation that Holyfield is linked to. Holyfield looked liked he was in his 30's again , there was no sign of any fading tonight , compared to recent fights were he was totally exhausted after a few rounds ala Toney.

This much is known about Holyfield, somone by the alias of Evan Fields bought HGH and testosterone from a now shut down online pharmacy. Evan Fields birth day matched Evander's with Oct. 19, 1962 . When investigators called the phone number given on Mr. Fields order, Evander answered the phone. Other intresting signs of note, Evanders hair fell out ,(ok that happens to alot of guys) but right after his move to HW and he nearly died of heart failure in the early 90's.

Do you think Holyfield may of had a little assistance threw out his career? Particularly Holy continuing to fight at a reasonably high level (especially looking so bad not long ago) when most fighters are totally done, even Ali was being beaten by guys like Leon Spinks in his late 30's.

2. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I think Holyfield can still fight because he is always in good shape. He doesn't let himself go and always comes in fights at a healthy, athletic weight. And the thing I find interesting is that if he indeed took steroids, they usually don't help an athlete perform at a high level well into their 40s - they usually end up breaking athletes down as they get older.

3. geppy

Jul 19, 2004
    What about HGH or Testosterone ? Could those have any effects on aging?

4. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I'm not sure...I'll do some research on it and find out

5. Cachibatches

Cachibatches Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 12, 2006
    He probably only took them after he was 28, when trying to move up. And differnent people react to them in different ways, especially if he was smart enough to cycle.

Or, maybe he just took HGH.

I alwyas loved Holy, but I alwasys though it was suspiscious how this guy uniquely could gain all that weight and make it work for him.

6. crash

crash Active Member Full Member

Apr 12, 2007
    im all for it,if it can work for stallone,and evander,id recomend all older fighters take it,what you got to lose hahaha

7. barneyrub

barneyrub Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2004
    fighting savarese means little

8. HGH is being researched as a lot of scientists believe it can be used as a anti-aging drug. Things like heart muscle can become deteriorated over time, but some experiments have shown that it can rejuventate in people around 60-70 when taking supervised doses of HGH. As well as the other benefits it offers like repair and build-up of muscle, i think in a few years a form of HGH with most of the bad side effects subtracted will be made available for prescription.

However, wether HGH is enhancing Holyfields performances, or he may have taken it for his shoulder injury, who am i to say :yep

9. The Hitman

The Hitman Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Lets not go nuts, the guys who were beating him (Byrd, Toney, Donald) were of a higher calibre than the guys he's beat since he came back (Bates, Oquendo, Maddalone, Savarese) Though I don't doubt that he has been in much better shape, and looked a better fighter since he came back, I think most of this has come from the recuperation of niggling injuries during his layoff and the level of opposition.

10. Shake

Shake Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2007
    Of course Holyfield uses steroids. Sometimes, you only have to look. When Tyson came out of prison and began his second run, he was on it as well.

11. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    This content is protected

12. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    I think he's still doing this well, cause he's a very dedicated, disciplined person who believes in himself, not to mentionthat he's an ultra talented fighter. But he may be on steriods, as well. I would'n't doubt it.

I bet the truth be told, most of the top fighters today are etiher on steriods, or have been. Its just that some get caught, cause they can't get the drug tests masked properly in order to hide them.

13. Imperial1

Imperial1 VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It was dancing w/the stars that assistd Holyfield on his come back ..Ane people laughed at him who's laughing now ?:rofl

14. EpsilonAxis

EpsilonAxis HNIC Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    It's hard to dislike Holyfield. He hasn't looked this good in awhile.

But on a smal tangent, I think that Byrd would have beaten him any time after the Tyson fights.

People should also know that against Byrd or Donald he had pretty much a stylistic nightmare.

15. geppy

Jul 19, 2004
    Holyfield claimed he was fighting poorly due to a shoulder injury. His shoulder caused him tire badly after a few rounds, which did happen? It is not like Holyfield had a great left but had nothing on his right hand, or vise versa in those poor fights . It looked like Holyfield was too slow,& poorly conditioned and wasnt doing damage with either hand,that no one could even tell the differance if there was one injured arm. Last night he was on his toe's dancing for 10 rounds with no sign of any fatigue ,against Toney he folded quick after a few rounds. What an incredible differance.