The No Spin Zone: A Fair & Balanced Assessment Of Everything Anthony Joshua & Deontay Wilder.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Aug 19, 2018.

1. OpinionOfACasual

OpinionOfACasual Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 3, 2017
    I'm confused at to how Parker is 'Solid B Level' yet Whyte is 'C+ Level'?

Even the Parker fans which were hyping him up pre-Joshua fight.........believe he has some serious issues to work on since the loss to Whyte which they didn't see as 'Controversial' as yourself.

Duhaupas and Whyte are not the same level.

Whyte's best wins are only bettered by Joshua/Povetkin imo.

rorschach51 likes this.
  2. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Share with your daughter the wisdom of George Carlin:

“Think how dumb the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.”

rorschach51 and FrankinDallas like this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Because even with all of his copious flaws and obvious shortcomings, most of which are correctable, Parker still did enough to beat the best version of Whyte, sure you can debate me on that, but what's the point, we won't agree, so don't waste your breath, most of the site's other best scorers are in agreement with me.

What are Whyte's best clear cut non controversial wins? Browne, Helenius and Allen. Browne is Charr level, Helenius was beaten by Duhaupas as well, more impressively, Allen is not even Teper level.

4. Blackclouds

Blackclouds Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 9, 2013
    I don't think of Stiverne all that high, but he was game champion that Wilder had to take his belt from him. Can you name 20 game Heavyweights right now? Probably not. Whyte now (not when he fought AJ) is up around that level, I agree with that sort of, though with Stiverne's good countering ability would have beaten the easy to hit (even to this day) Whyte. That and Stiverne's stamina is much better (another key thing with heavyweight boxing), so I would still edge WBC champ Stiverne. Stiverne would beat Parker as well for the similar reasons but would lose to any version of Vlad. I don't like resume talk though, usually used to discredit fighters. There's very few in boxing history that have fought all their toughest matchups, the closest being somebody like Holyfield or Ali, considering their ATG status it makes sense. There's no boxer out there that's perfect, but is expected somehow by boxing fans (for some reasons I'm not allowed to get into, you can probably guess), yet another thing that hurts boxing.

I do sort of agree with your conclusion except that Wilder is being vastly underrated and that's making people not being able to properly analyze this fight. People still talking about Wilder throwing windmill flurries, which isn't how Wilder gets fighters hurt beyond repair but I let them because this has been working in his favor. When he starts knocking out the Fury's of the world, and AJ's, that'll make folks reassess and actually start respecting this man cause not doing so is very dangerous. AJ himself is being overrated far as his skills goes (and power it might seem), but I feel like that's less of a secret. Folks saying Ortiz actually presented a higher skill threat than AJ, including Wilder and his team makes me think that.

Also AJ said he was going to set traps on Parker and knock him out but that never came to be, not even close, so the skill level being hyped isn't the reality. Wilder on the other hand is the one setting traps which is the real reason why fighters can't avoid his right hand but outside of me, I don't really see anybody actually saying that.

One other thing, the fight has lost a little luster the way the negotiations have played out, which just seems to confirm that the matchup is really that bad for AJ. I had previously thought it wasn't that bad and more or less 50/50 but I don't think that any more. I still think it'll be a great fight but the outcome is just more obvious to me now. Actually 2 fights lost.

CST80 likes this.
  5. OpinionOfACasual

May 3, 2017
    See you can't claim that this is 'Prime Whyte', just because it suits your agenda.

Maybe 'Prime Parker' was the one that looked clueless against a defensive Joshua, or the one that was dominated by Whyte's body work.....

And Whyte's best non-controversial win was Parker.

I don't care who these 'Best scorers on the site' are......

The Parker NZ fans on here were undewhelmed and thought he lost.....
    Parker and Higgins thought he lost.....
    And the judges thought he lost.....

rorschach51 likes this.
  6. Blackclouds

Nov 9, 2013
    I had Parker winning also, I just didn't post it or maybe it was a draw with the extra bull**** headbutt knockdown. I guess people weren't paying attention to landed shots. When Parker gassed, that was when Whyte won the rounds more clearly until he gassed. Also another factor was Parker was frequently going backwards and folks overrate the aggressor even when he isn't doing much. Or scoring body language, but that's another thread. Parker's body language looked uncertain cause he had to work to win and he has stamina issues. That was the "worry" on his face, not anything Whyte was doing.

CST80 likes this.
  7. OpinionOfACasual

May 3, 2017
    @Blackclouds

"Also AJ said he was going to set traps on Parker and knock him out but that never came to be, not even close, so the skill level being hyped isn't the reality."

What if the real 'trap', was Joshua saying that?

I rewatched the fight earlier, and Parker is so caught up on not getting countered.....he forgets to instigate and loses the fight to a jab.

8. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Agree on everything you said mostly.:thumbsup: I tried to cover all the bases, but damn, I didn't want to write a book.:lol: Not sure about how Parker-Stiverne would play out though, that's my only disagreement.

Exactly.:deal:

9. OpinionOfACasual

May 3, 2017
    With Stiverne v Parker/Whyte are we talking about Stiverne l or ll?

Because the rematch version scraped past Rossy didn't he?

10. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    I'm not up for it at the moment. But I'll respond later.

rorschach51 and OpinionOfACasual like this.
  11. Blackclouds

Nov 9, 2013
    If AJ was as skilled as he is hyped to be, he would have known Parker's gameplan and still be able to set something up Parker can't see. Makes me think AJ's skill level is mostly hype. The ref being instructed to kill any inside fighting at all, given that was the best way for AJ to "set traps" on an aggressive Parker makes me believe AJ was out there exaggerating/hyping his skill set for the pleb masses. I'm a boxing fan so I can see through that ****.

12. OpinionOfACasual

May 3, 2017
    Tbh, neither am I....Let's just call it a TD.

Having a constructive debate, without having childish insults thrown towards you isn't something i've experienced a lot on here.....

rorschach51 and CST80 like this.
  13. OpinionOfACasual

May 3, 2017
    You accept Parker is a naturally aggressive fighter......

Yet against Joshua he looked very reluctant......

That tells me the 'trap' worked well.

A KO isn't always a more convincing victory than a UD you know.

See BJS v Lemieux predictions pre-fight, Lemieux was 'too powerful' apparently.....

rorschach51 likes this.
  14. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    ...it was/is controversial, though. You can't just will the sky to be pink with green polka dots. Fucker's gonna stay blue no matter how loudly you click your ruby slipper heels together.

CST80 likes this.
  15. Blackclouds

Nov 9, 2013
    Stiverne 1, the WBC champ version.
    Ok I understand what you're talking about now but you're still wrong. Parker was eventually going to go at AJ when he got tired but is also worried about gassing himself. I don't think that had anything to do with AJ's pre fight talking. The ref was much more of a factor.

CST80 likes this.